Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Therry, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
  2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I wish that were an option , but the La Ferrari is excluded from warranty extensions as well as New Power Warranty products!

I’ve had clients offer to pay whatever the price and were turned down.

knock on wood , out of the 12+ we service , none have needed significant repairs!

S

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's good. Infamously the first one I ever saw was Steve Wynn's, which arrived dead and led to his beef with Ferrari and him selling it early, that in turn ended with Wynn and Penske selling off the dealership to the Towbins.

willcrook likes this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #29 BJK, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    That's parts only, correct? Labor bill to dig out the KERS battery could be THIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!! It's like trying to replace an iPhone battery. Nearly impossible! ;)

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps, but if you wanna own a LaFerrari then it is what it is.

BJK likes this.
  6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    so if that is parts only, add on a hefty charge for labour, in the UK i believe we have a hefty charge for environmental disposal of such items, guess the same in USA?, plus we have VAT guess you have a state sales tax - I imagine you are not far off knocking on the door of "a quarter of a million dollars" - the number that originally started this debate?

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    We can conclude from the is thread that replacing the batteries is clearly significantly more expensive in Europe than in the USA.

8. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    now there is great excuse for a 2 week road trip to the USA, and get the batteries done will enjoying a fabulous driving holiday (paid for by the saving).
    Could be a great idea for a 10th anniversary of Uk and USA LaFerrari owners!

joe sackey likes this.
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps more relevant to this thread's original question, I think because the cost of battery replacement is less in the USA, values of USA LaFerraris may fare better than those of their European counterparts.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Penske didn't get ousted until he flipped his black LaFerrari. FNA and/or SpA was/were mad about him selling the Enzo earlier than they specified/agreed, but they didn't take away his dealership until he sold the LaF. After breakfast at the Peppermill, you and I saw it at Penske-Wynn, 08 November 2014, where you shielded the employees' view of me so I could get a picture of the VIN. Then, just six months later, as per this thread, Penske sold 204692 for $3MM.

ryalex likes this.
  11. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    There are a few Apertas now on the market, which will impact the coupe market. There at least 4 Apertas floating around on the US market right now.

joe sackey likes this.
  12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Spiders will always pounce on the coupe market in the US. Fun to watch.

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    corona/worldwide impending recession/battery costs/etc

the price is only going one direction imv

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps, but let's be positive, virus outbreaks and recessions don't last forever.

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Disagree.
    The Ferrari virus lasts forever, once you are seriously infected.

Marcel Massini

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Very good!

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Make of it what you will but the US/Canada battery has a different part number than the ROW battery. They could be very different prices.

The US part number is the 116,000 pound price. The ROW number only says "POA".

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Very interesting, again, my Ferrari North America Service Director affiliate whom I've dealt with for years says the small primary battery replacement cost is about $15,000 and the secondary battery system (the main hybrid battery) costs about $90,000, here in the USA, that's all I know.

19. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I believe you. I have a very high degree of skepticism of online prices. Those were from Maranello Classic. I see it all the time but they are taken as gospel for those that do not actually buy the stuff.

SAFE4NOW, brian.s and joe sackey like this.
  20. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Some decent results at Amelia last weekend, though. Could be a bit of the cash that came out of the stock market during the corona hit was sitting there staring at all that shiny metal and just couldn't resist?

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Whenever the stock market tanks, some of the the cash naturally goes looking for tangibles, including classic cars, I've seen this happen every stock market blip for the past 30 years.

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Something not Kosher here. The USA Scuderia price for the 12V starter battery is half the cost of the dealer (100% markup at the dealership) yet the high voltage battery is $185K shipped and does not include installation. I can think of only two reasons for this that I already stated. Either way something to give pause on this car.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It's kosher, that's the price, again, here in the USA, my Ferrari North America Service Director affiliate whom I've dealt with for many years says the small primary battery replacement cost is about $15,000 and the secondary battery system (the main hybrid battery) costs about $90,000, he told me this directly, I do believe there is labor on top of that. I don't know anything abut USA Scuderia, but as Rifledriver said, there is a high degree of skepticism of online prices.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I definitely believe you. The complication is that the 12v is half the dealer price which is normal but the high voltage is significantly (prohibitively) higher. As a member just posted tonight, the secondary part sellers can only buy from Ferrari dealers to get the OEM parts. This means that either the dealer is keeping back the part sale to retain the service or are foregoing profit for some reason. Losing profit for the service department has to be coming from Ferrari and could be a protective policy for liability with the service of the module (cooling and electrics) or to protect the reputation of the halo product as its just a ridiculous cost for a disposable item even for a hypercar client.

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Got it, that makes sense.

My sense is many LaFerrari owners will just drop the car off at the authorized Ferrari dealer and let them handle it all.