Spacers for wheel's on 488 | FerrariChat

Spacers for wheel's on 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pasquale1800, Jun 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pasquale1800

pasquale1800 Rookie

Dec 6, 2011
    Hoping to get some ideas or help, has anyone installed spacers to help with the offsets on the wheels. Would love to push the rear wheels out a bit.

Thanks

2. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm planning on doing a 1.25" drop with Novitecs along with 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers to make the wheels flush with body and give the car a more aggressive stance. Will take before/after pics when done and post.

3. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.

Yes, I have! Added the Hill Engineering ones.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    2 x WS011SP-114 (11mm Spacers-114mm) = £156.00

5. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.

I added 11mm on the rears and nothing up front. I think that's the max you want to go.

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Have installed a handful of Novitec spacers, I will try and grab some pictures. Hill makes them as well, like Robert showed/mentioned above!

7. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you are going to leave ride height alone then agreed, otherwise if you're going to drop it 1 - 1.25" then you will need a little more than 11 mm to be flush. Just the way the wheel well sits on the tire. Just my opinion.

8. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
  9. pasquale1800

pasquale1800 Rookie

Dec 6, 2011
  10. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.

11mm

11. RMF

RMF Rookie

Feb 28, 2014
    Hi am from Australia & new to the forum. I was an owner of 5 previous Lambos including 3 huracans, now I finally jumped ship and have a 2017 GTB arriving soon (Sept).
    Can anyone advise what are the largest spacers front and back for the 488, I will be lowering as much as possible (30mm min) all round, and want to push the wheel out.

Any 488 pictures with spacers?

Do the spacers bolt to the hub and then the wheel bolts to the spacer?

Ideal front Size?

Ideal Rear Size?

Looking forward to the Ferrari Family! Cheers Roc

12. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    #12 KINGMONKEY, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    #13 Wheelb, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. skyscorcher

skyscorcher Rookie

Jun 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Roberto Zanon
    Which wheels are these? Size? Offset ? Any links please?

Thanks

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Forget it. These wheel shop guys never share anything as useful as offset. It's proprietary... :rolleyes:

16. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    These are HRE P101's in 21"x9.5" || 22"x12" using Pirelli P Zero in 255/30/21 || 335/25/22 sizing. HRE does not share offset information until an order is submitted to them & their engineers can look over all the data & take into account you car's ride height, tire choice, & general desire for the stance that you'd like. More photos of that car can be seen here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsktY2qNc

If you'd like to learn more about the wheels sen me a DM & I'll answer all your questions. We're HRE's largest dealer in the world so I will take care of you like no other.

17. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Those HRE’s look great and big plus is they are quality too. Love the design as it is classic Motorsports look but I hate these 21-22” pimp dub wheels that require skinny sidewall tires...this detracts from the cornering performance and if the over all ratio is larger the cars acceleration will suffer.

I’d love to see 20” with this offset on a 488.

18. skyscorcher

skyscorcher Rookie

Jun 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Roberto Zanon
    Thanks, appreciate it.

19. skyscorcher

skyscorcher Rookie

Jun 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Roberto Zanon
    I really love the look of it because it "fills" the wheel arches, but I'm not sure of the ride quality afterwards. I mean the car looks phenomenal for a static photoshoot but what's the deal when you drive it hard as I do in some occasions? Also I'm not sure about the quality of an aftermarket wheel compared to the stock Ferrari forged 20" although I've heard many good thing about the specific brand.

mdrums likes this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I've experienced a few cars with the 21/22 setup, and trust me when I say this. If someone tells you that the ride is unchanged or similar, they are LYING! It is especially so, if you had MPSS on 20's and swap to PZero's. Add to this, that the 21" fronts will grip less than the OE fronts, along with a super wide rear. As a great track/performance car, it will be ruined. Also, like MD said, you also change the gear ratio significantly so accelleration suffers. Lastly, while they are light by 22 inch standards, they are no lighter than a Speciale or Pista Spider wheel, nor an equivalent 20 HRE or Forgeline wheel.

You can do this for cosmetic reasons, but don't for one second kid yourself and think there's no drawbacks.

If you want to go that route, I would suggest this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mdrums likes this.
  21. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    The ride is certainly more firm due to lower profile tires but the ride is not ruined by any means. This fitment has been available for over 10 years dating back to the 458's & to this day it's the most common fitment chosen among aftermarket wheel buyers for the 488. We've had many clients over the last decade track the cars at various racetracks throughout the world - including Indycar Champ Tony Kanaan who did the 21"//22" setup on his personal 458 Italia.

Within the wheel industry there are of course wheel companies who use very low quality aluminum, minimal to zero engineering, or all the above. HRE however has been around since 1978 and are widely considered the industry standard for custom forged wheels. These wheels are stronger than forged wheel offerings from Ferrari. Automakers look to maximize profits on the cars they sell & one place they can do so is on wheels. The machinery needed to manufacture wheels is extremely expensive so often times the wheel manufacturing is outsourced to another company that specializes in this type of work. Also, since thousands of these cars are built they need to use the quickest & cheapest way to mass produce the forged wheels which ends up producing a lower quality (& heavier) wheel than a wheel manufacturer that uses a T6-6061 aerospace-grade aluminum and uses CNC Machining to produce the wheel model to the custom specs that the customer orders.

Recently we installed HRE R101 Lightweights onto a Pista and weighed the factory Carbon wheels. Here were the results:

Ferrari Pista Carbon Wheels
    20"x9" - 18.4 lbs each
    20"x11" - 19 lbs each
    Price - about $25k

HRE R101 Lightweight Wheels
    20"x9" - 17.2 lbs each
    20"x11" - 19 lbs each
    Price - under $10k

Image Unavailable, Please Login