How to Rollback or Disconnect the Odometer on a Ferrari Testarossa? | FerrariChat

How to Rollback or Disconnect the Odometer on a Ferrari Testarossa?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by OdoRoller, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OdoRoller

OdoRoller Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Odo Roller
    I need to Adjust the Odometer about 500 miles.
    How can i do that?
    Or how can i disconnect it (and reconnect after 500 miles)?

No im not cutting a few 0 off here.
    Its really just about 500 miles.

Dont care if Rollback or Disconnect.
    I will do whatever is easier.
    I want to do it myself and wont pay for it.

karrerakid likes this.
  2. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    This post is so ridiculous in so many ways I’m not even going to get into it. Even if he is trolling with that user name there is zero benefit for it. Mods should delete and block this first time poster and make note of his IP address.

3. OdoRoller

OdoRoller Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Odo Roller
    Well ya' know i want to roll it back 500000 miles and then rip off some sucker just like you.

Sorry for being rude but i cant stand comments like that.
    Its my car. i can do what ever i want with it. Dont need to justify anything.

For some reason the odometer shows about 500 more than the actual mileage.
    I want to correct that. Thats all, nothing fancy here.

BTW: Whatever i do, It cant get any worse than what these guys are doing:
    https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ferrari-allowed-dealers-to-roll-back-odometers-on-used-cars-ar180105.html

Well but you get ripped off by Ferrari Dealers all the time anyway.
    (Overpriced Cars, Parts and Labor) So its not that big of a surprise.
    But its a Ferrari, right? Well If you think that way than YOU'RE A FOOL, man!

I would never buy another ferrari.
    I dont like to be seen as a fool by the dealer.

Im even thinking about putting in a Chevy V8 to reduce maintenance cost. (And then show it to these greedy bastards at the stealership)
    You have to take the engine out for regular service! What a fool designed this car?
    Actually i think this guy was pretty smart building it that way so ferrari could charge even more for service...

Next time i buy a dodge.
    Definitely more bang for the buck. (Im not kidding)
    Well that new Corvette C8 will destroy ferrari anyway. Better and cheaper.

Well but that is not the topic right now.

4. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
  5. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Please delete this thread after you read this.

You need to reverse the positive and negative battery cables on the battery then when you drive the odomerter goes in reverse due to reversing the electronic polarity of the battery cables.

Zeff, LVP488, 19633500GT and 7 others like this.
  6. OdoRoller

OdoRoller Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Odo Roller
    I didnt asked how to fry electronics.

7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I'm sorry but that does not fry electronics and it's the only way to accomplish what you want.

19633500GT, m5shiv and Rostami6 like this.
  8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #8 ylshih, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Try this. I hear it works. :cool:

Oh and we don't permit discussion of how to engage in illegal activities on this board. Odometer adjustment might be legal under certain circumstances, but then take it to an authorized service and pay the money. Doing it yourself with no traceability is almost always fraud. Permaban.

NGooding, sherrillt, JL350 and 7 others like this.
  9. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    In FL, one can legally change the odo to say anything. It is only a crime if you sell the car and check the 'actual mileage' box on the title.

sherrillt likes this.
  10. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    500 miles wont mater either way. Just keep a note of it. Many cars you really don't know true mileage.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #11 ylshih, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    He's not in Florida. :cool:

The same method used to roll it back 500 miles likely can be used to roll it back 50,000 miles.

Rifledriver likes this.
  12. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    You are asking for advice on how to break the law. This is a forum for car enthusiasts. Regardless of you justifying to yourself how committing a federal level crime is ok because others have done it, leads me to believe you are either extremely unintelligent, or as I mentioned earlier a troll. Either way I’m not getting into an online argument with you because I don’t wish to waste my time with people like you. Don’t bother replying to me as I am putting your posts on ignore. the only reason I commented here was to notify the mods.
    My opinion still stands that mods should delete this and ban you. Your reply proves my point on how you bring no value to this forum. I acknowledge this is a public forum and anyone can comment. However you are asking how to break the law. Your intentions may just be that, rolling your odometer back by 500 miles (still illegal). “It’s my car, I can do what I want.” No you can’t break the law just because something is yours. Let me give you an analogy. “It’s my gun, I can shoot whomever I want with it.” As Yin mentioned above, the same method could be used to roll it back 50000 by others. There is no reason that instruction should be made available on this forum.
    If you are serious as you claim, perhaps you should post a picture of your car and your odometer before and after you roll it back. Also post your VIN here so it would pull up when someone googles it. That way you have proof you only rolled it back 500 miles for your next buyer.‍♂️ How you are going to deal with authorities if it ever comes up is a whole other story. Perhaps you can tell them you just needed an adjustment. Not me, but I’m sure others here will be waiting for the pictures and the VIN to your car.
    Your move “odo roller”

13. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Yin. Thank you. I missed you banning him before my last post.

14. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    That may be the case in Florida. But odometer tampering is illegal in most states.

15. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    How do you know this to be true, and/or how did it happen?

16. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I often wonder how often guys tamper with the odometers. It’s super easy to disconnect a wire here or there. My c10 connector came loose one day and my tach went nutso. I noticed the odo wasn’t accumulating miles. Must have an additional 25 miles on my car at least.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    right just for fun and to play along I'm curious how or why (what explanation would be given) that its been determined to be 500 miles off.

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Actually it isn't. Only if it was meant to defraud or deceive. Cannot say about all states but many require us to make a new or replacement odometer read our best guess of the actual mileage so it is not only allowed, it is required by law. That is why Ferrari provides a method on their electronic instruments.

Speedometer shops nationwide provide this service and do it daily.

2NA, sherrillt, tbakowsky and 2 others like this.
  19. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Hi Brian,
    Yes I understand a repair or replacement is legal when it’s documented well and done by a shop. What I meant was when it’s done for fraud. It’s my opinion that’s what the op is trying to do. Either way, he is permanently banned.

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    328s were famous for the odo going crazy. Racking up milage when the car was sitting still. I reset them to the last record milage when they were at the shop before the odo motor shorted out.

Never had it on a TR tho..early f-cars are crazy easy to set the milage where you want it. Which is why the average 308/328/TR/348 all have approx the same milage no matter the year. Yet the 360/430 show much higher average milage in a much shorter time frame when you do the math..

21. spaceship

spaceship Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    Full Name:
    S. Chan
    My 91 TR has the same problem, sitting still odometer going crazy. I think I read a post in here, a 512M has this problem as well. Any recommendation on where to fix it? Guess if they could fix the 328 should be able to fix the TR. Thanks.

22. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
  23. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  24. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    My Mondial 8 used to go "in and out" of working (the odometer).

My mechanic turned me on to the "Italian flick", and it worked from then on til I sold it :)

25. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    OP sign on name is laughable.