F8 - Coronavirus & Production | FerrariChat

F8 Coronavirus & Production

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Anyone hear anything from their dealer or otherwise, related to the current state of Ferrari production, given how Italy has been impacted by Covid-19? I ask, because my dealer continues to tell me that production is ahead of schedule. However, I'm having a hard time believing that...and feel like I'm simply being told what I want to hear. My F8 is supposedly slotted for June production, but I'm beginning to think it could be considerably later than that.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge/insight...

2. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    Talked to my dealer today, Situation is fluent, they know nothing yet about delays -- but fear for the worst.
    I am scheduled for June delivery (F8), we ageed it may be postponed to much later date given the circumstances.
    So far all speculation, though.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There was an update yesterday on the Ferrari site and several other threads here that might help........

4. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The factory has been responding to changes I have made with the Atelier in New York as recently as today.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

WDE88 and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  5. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Did you work through your dealer to connect with Atelier, or go there in person? I ask, because I'm trying to obtain some samples through my dealer and not making much headway. Wondering at what point I'm able to work directly with someone in NY??

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Rumours say thet the factory is closed to further notice …. but unconfirmed yet ...

7. Eraset

Eraset Rookie

Oct 21, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Jon Lancaster
    My Pista has been stuck at status 70 (finishing) for over two weeks. Dealer said factory is running with local staff (Maranello residents) only so production is slowed but not stopped.

8. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    To give any confidence my F8 went from 70 last week to 90 today. It is on a boat somewhere. If I were to guess (with zero facts behind my comment) they are (or will) be operating at a skeleton crew. They will try and push out the cars which are 70, but things will slow down, possibly stop for a bit. They are over 10k who have tested positive and doing their best now to try and contain. Believe me, I completely understand the angst. I was shocked they got mine on a boat. Wondering how much testing they actually did...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    The whole country is on lock down correct if so I don't think anyone is working

10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    We are still working here in Italy , only some shops in some areas are closed ( MILANO and its country area ) . We only have limited right to move ( only for health issues , work and urgent shopping )

TN458 and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  11. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    i got an email that my pista is “completed” on MyFerrari. it’s still at status 70 though for about a week now.

12. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Any signs that things are improving there?

13. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    No . The way for makes the things running better is to close many companies for 15 days : first region probably will be Lombardia with Veneto and probably after these Emilia Romagna ( where is located Maranello ) . We will see but these are the first three regions with major infected people .We will have more news in 24/48 hours, but I think that Lombardia and Veneto will be “locked” . You can check this home page www.ansa.it and see some update

john a barnes and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  14. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    i am likewise due a delivery on F8 does anyone have the latest on production situation . Thanks Sandy

15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    From a Forum dealer yesterday:

“As of now, we are not seeing any delays in the shipping of cars that have been completed and we are seeing production changes from week to week that show cars are still being built. I have been interacting with the factory a few times a week and as of now, everything is status quo for the time being.”

16. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    thank you very much for the information. Sandy

17. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    All Italy is “ locked “ , factory are still manufacturing but at low speed .... shops are closed , included car dealers ( pharmacy and food markets are all open )

18. Piero TS

Piero TS Rookie

Sep 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Piero Mancardi
    Hi. We work in Northern Italy. there is no lockdown or disruption in any production unit. Workers can go to-from their working place with a permit. No absenteism. only FCA closes two plants fro two days to sanitize the premises.

C50 likes this.
  19. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I hope you remain healthy and look forward to your updates on what's really happening in Italy!

20. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Me too because I want to go out with this !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. DBFerrari

DBFerrari Rookie

Apr 7, 2013
    https://www.proiezionidiborsa.it/il-covid-19-non-ferma-la-ferrari-sara-sufficiente-per-vincere-in-pista/
    Apparently no changes so far. It's in Italian but basically says that both racing and street cars are being manufactured. Situation in Italy is fluid BTW, and it may change overnight.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

PhillyFast and john a barnes like this.
  22. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I checked with the dealer a few days ago on the status of my order for a Portofino. He said they were still producing and that he still expected (hoped ?) that the car would be built in April and delivered by (or in) May. There is a high chance he simply does not know anything more OR that he is just telling me what I would like to hear. I will be seeing the dealer on Saturday and will post an update.

23. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    leopoldo likes this.
  24. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name: