I flew to Vegas and drove my Cali T! | FerrariChat

I flew to Vegas and drove my Cali T!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TifosiConch, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I have my new to '15 Cali T scheduled for delivery from Vegas to Key West next week. On Saturday at 11, I was lounging on the couch at home in Key West and got the sudden urge to see and drive the car. At 1:20 I was on a plane and in Vegas at 6:30. An hour later I was cruising the strip and having a ball! The car is fantastic, the sport exhaust really roars on start-up and the power is great. I cruised up to Red Rock Canyon to let her breathe and was not disappointed. I must say I enjoyed the fringe benefits the car brings, parked out front at the hotel with an Aventador , a 488 and assorted other beauties, my 911s never quite got me there lol. I sadly returned her to the seller last night and took a red-eye home very pleased.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Andynyc, Way2fast, ryalex and 5 others like this.
  2. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Huge congrats! Pics of that beauty? Hope to get a Cali T in the future. Sport exhaust is an option, right? Love the sound of my maser mc vert, so sound is equally important to me. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great "pick up" story.
    Driving US1 in a drop top F-car on a gorgeous, sunlit Keys day is going to be epic!
    T

4. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Sport exhaust was an option and IMHO something to look for, from my limited experience driving these cars it sounds better.

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think -- and I could be wrong -- that "sport exhaust" on the window sticker of a 2015 Cali T is just the exhaust tips. The true sport exhaust arrived with the handling speciale edition, (2016?) and can be retrofitted to any California T. I base that on the fact that mine has that option -- I think it was $850 or so -- and it's just the tips, not the actual exhaust.

6. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    #6 TifosiConch, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    And there we have it, my impression was the placebo effect in action! Thanks for the correction, pardon my ignorance, $850 certainly wont get you a full exhaust from Ferrari when the aluminum footrests are $700! I have a lot to learn-beginning with how to keep it from rolling away when it's still running and posed on a slight incline for a photo....

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    TC...Turn it off, engage the parking brake. Hold function is under the steering wheel a bit to the left.

Better yet, stay in the car and get someone to take pics of you!

By the way, where'd you find a slight incline in Key West?!? I recall that the first time I went with the wife, we did laundry at a little place near Solares "Hill", which was 18 ft above sea level!

T

8. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    My hopes were dashed when I bought my car, too ... LOL ... but there's nothing wrong with the sound of the regular exhaust.

When you pull both paddles with the car running, pull the emergency brake (lower left), the display will change to "HOLD" and when you open the driver's door, it will switch to "PARK." After all these years I'm still paranoid enough to look at the display to make sure it changed to park. If you're just shutting the car off, just turn the key off and remove it, no need to pull the paddles, it goes into park by itself.