Radiator Elect Cooling Fan for Boano | FerrariChat

Radiator Elect Cooling Fan for Boano

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Im prepping a car for my client - for the Millie this yr (yes, it may get canceled, but we need to be ready in the event it does not) .

It is a 56 boano and has been accepted to be part of the event.

Im going to install an electric fan and remove the original one for the events. We are also switching over to a alternator, vs the generator.

Any recommendations for the electric fan and shroud for the car. Ones to stay away from etc?

Alot to choose from - so id thought i ask for advise/thoughts.

2. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #3 John Vardanian, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Ed, I've had a Zergo 16" on mine for many years (with the curved blades) and it's quite effective. Just a couple of lessons learned... the sugar cube size relay that comes with the fan is not that hearty. Mine failed in a few months. I went and got a horn relay from a 70's Ford; it's a lot mightier. On the left side of the upper radiator tank, there is a sensor that lights up a dummy light when the water gets above a certain temp. You can replace this sensor with a fan switch from a GTE and then your fan will be automatic--same threads. Incidentally, these fans are bidirectional. As a rule of thumb they are more effective used as a pusher, rather than puller. If you put it in the front, you won't need a shroud. Good luck.

john

3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    appreciate the thoughts........will investigate