Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price? | FerrariChat

Is Enzo price begins to surpass LaFerrari price?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Therry, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Normal market. Right now the LaFerrari is stuck between behind too new to be a classic and too old to be the king of the hill in specs and WANT factor. The Enzo is now properly vintage (18 years old!).

I also believe the hierarchy in price should be

1. F50
    2. 288
    3. Enzo
    4. LaFerrari
    5. F40

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Market prices, the most unreliable metric of a car's real importance as a machine.

Il Co-Pilota, F140FG and tomgt like this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I think the LaF is now old enough that people are worried about the cost of a near future battery replacement.

Bas and SAFE4NOW like this.
  5. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    so this cost will be so big?

6. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Yes true - is it in the $250K range?

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Enzo is almost a classic, classic car status applies to vehicles over 20 years old, antique cars are over 45 years old, and vintage cars are built between 1919 and 1930, the expression vintage is much misapplied.

Makuono, 355TDI, 134282 and 2 others like this.
  8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the enzo is usable in the real and normal world.
    the LaF is kind of liability.

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    LaFerrari isn't special nor is a classic imo

10. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    My dealer told to do it correctly is about $250K to replace battery. I see elsewhere much lower numbers.

I don't have a LaFerrari but was looking at a TdF and the conversation turned into pros and cons of each model.

11. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    when it's necessary to replace battery? after 10 years?

12. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    it all depends on the cycles and usage.
    the irony of hybrid cars is that the battery packs lasts longer the more you use it, cycle through charges, charge and dont charge it etc.

whereas the average owner of the LaF will keep it at home, hooked up to the batter charger, stuck at 100%.
    this will hasten the demise of the cells, and the eventual need to replace them.

btw, the cost to replace the whole pack is one thing, but if the dealer were honest with you, he would only replace the defective cells.
    but you tell me which dealer doesnt want a $250k repair bill for you to pay ?

carguyjohn350 and 134282 like this.
  13. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    If a LaF has low miles, a battery change comes sooner. Which is pushing prices down (because of the massive battery replacement cost). Low mileage ones starting to need it now.

So I guess to get top $$ for your LaF, you gotta put miles on it LOL

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not even close, the price of the LaFerrari KERS battery is being wildly exaggerated in this thread, according to my Ferrari North America Service Director affiliate whom I've dealt with for years. LaFerrari uses two hybrid batteries, one small primary battery and one secondary battery system, the small primary battery replacement cost is about $15,000 and the secondary battery system (the main hybrid battery) costs about $90,000.

My FNA source also says that as the years go by, the small primary system seems to require replacement more often than the main secondary system.

IMHO considering the car's $1.6m sticker price, these costs are simply what it takes to drive a LaFerrari, its a rich man's toy, on the other hand my advice is to buy the Enzo.

There is no mandated replacement time cycle, again according to my Ferrari North America Service Director source, they don't replace them as long as they are alive and functioning correctly.

Of course anyone in business wants to deal with a big ticket item, but the concern that the authorized Ferrari dealer would replace the whole system regardless of individual status of primary and secondary is not a concern according to my FNA affiliate, who says they have in fact at this point replaced a fair number of primary and secondary systems separately, but never both so far. To underscore this I have a number of clients who have replaced either the primary or secondary system, but not both, at least not so far.

15. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I could be wrong, but I believe Ross was referring to replacing individual cells in the primary battery, instead of the entire 120 cell battery. If that's the case, I don't believe that's possible, just as you can't replace a single cell in a normal car battery.

Your numbers quote for both primary and secondary battery replacement echo real-world figures I've seen, rather than the figures that seem to take on a life of their own, sort of like a fishing tale... "It was this big... it was This big... it was THIS big... it was THIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG" :)

joe sackey likes this.
  16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly.

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    How much is power cube warranty on a LaFerrari?

18. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Thank you for battery info Joe. No competition between Enzo and LaF - Enzo is a real car, the LaF looks like a beautiful toy.

19. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    IF you are correct and it is not possible to replace individual cells, then ferrari have done their highest paying clients a grave disservice.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Here are the current prices at Scuderia. The 12V starter battery is half the Ferrari price (as usual) but the HV battery is almost twice as much as your dealer quote. Don't know what kind of tax or shipping on theses but the cost of the HV is extreme even for the cost of the car as shown. Price has come down as it used to be almost a $200k part on that site. Either they are getting a purposeful bad deal from the factory to keep them away or the dealership is cutting the price to owners to avoid the $250k replacement stigma. If I remember correctly one owner did post on FChat that they indeed paid over $200k for the replacement.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Agree most definitely choose the Enzo.

BarryK likes this.
  21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You are welcome.

I can't comment about Scuderia, the numbers I mentioned above are from the proverbial (prancing) horse's mouth, current as of today per Ferrari North America.

22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

Here's the official Ferrari pricing from Maranello Classic Parts in the UK

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/search?SearchText=312503

£116k + tax (20%)

Which works out to be $180k.

I can see why some in the business may be tempted to talk of much lower numbers but the reality is that there's no much change out of $200k for a KERS battery replacement job.

23. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    ouch.

is there any way to stop them degrading? take them out the car for example and store them in a similar environment the manufacturers do after production?

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fwiw for me it wld be:
    f40
    f50
    LaF
    Enzo

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps a different country with a different currency is different, I have no idea why Maranello Classic Parts in the UK charge what they charge, or other Ferrari concessionaires in Europe, as I mentioned, the numbers I mentioned above are from the proverbial (prancing) horse's mouth and are current as of yesterday per Ferrari North America, nobody is being tempted to talk of lower numbers, in the USA it is @ $15,000 + $90,000 = $105,000, he nothing to gain from minimizing the numbers, just the opposite, and the Ferrari North America Service center he runs services more LaFerraris than any in the USA so he has significant & current experience with the numbers. Not everyone is given to exaggeration or inaccuracy when it comes to numbers, some folk just tell it like it is. If they charge more in Europe for some reason, God Bless them, but what I mentioned is the way it is here in the USA, I'm simply the messenger conveying what my authorized Ferrari principal told me last night. FWIW I don't own a LaFerrari, have no plans to buy one, am not selling one, and I've actually recommended the OP buy the Enzo.

JL350 and SAFE4NOW like this.