430 - Battery Tray Removal in 2007 F430 | FerrariChat

430 Battery Tray Removal in 2007 F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by 1949live, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    This question was posed by someone a few years ago but was never answered, and I now have the same issue. I am trying to install an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T battery in a 2007 F430 and the J Hooks need to be replaced as they are just a hair short (unless someone has some other idea). In order to do so, one has to remove the battery tray. But as shown in the photo below, the battery tray has this large plastic cable holder of some sort connected to the rear of it (i.e. at the front of the car) but the shop manual has a photo of the tray without this cable connector/holder. Hence I have no idea how to remove it. It doesn't seem to slide off - tried prying and it doesn't budge. And there are no visible screws. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue, either the too short J Hooks or this mysterious cable holder on the rear of the cable tray? Appreciate any advice. Thanks much.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Quite a design isn't it.
    You should be able to remove the hooks without removing the tray.

3. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
  4. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    Unless I am missing something, the deep J hook on mine would require removal at right angles to the tray which is simply not possible unless you completely remove the tray. Maybe mine are not original. Unless someone can present some insight, my present plan is to cut them off and use standard hooks with small J’s that I think will fit. Will post photos tomorrow if this succeeds and no one else has insight. Thanks.

5. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It looks like you have the bolts removed. You should be able to move the tray enough to get the hooks out. Cutting them will also work, as will getting in there with vise-grips and a prybar to straighten the hook a bit. Nobody said it would be easy.

6. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY