Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 156 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Porsche are great drivers but I don’t consider them exotics by any means. Very pedestrian looking. That’s not a negative btw.

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    I have 991.2 carrera T in Racing Yellow and love it. But it is a completely different car than a Ferrari; 2 different worlds.

Hence why I'm getting my 458 soon and will order a F8 very soon :)

Yet I'm thinking of keeping the 911 as winter car; it is too good to let go.

elmadi, Shadowfax and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    9114s or Turbo make great winter drivers.

LARRYH likes this.
  4. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    What makes a car a great winter driver? Tires?

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    At this point I wonder if a 458 is a riskless investment. Buy one. Drive it a reasonable a mount of miles, worst case get out what you paid for it. I miss mine so much.

PTG1, Shadowfax and OSUferrari like this.
  6. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I drive my 458 in winter (when it is nice) but guessing most don’t mind rocks hitting their Porsche as much as hitting their 300k Ferrari !!

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    A great all wheel drive system. A easy to live with high performance car

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    By winter, I am referring in snow, sleet and cold sub freezing temperatures. 4 wheel drive combined with low centre of gravity offers tenacious grip and traction under these conditions.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    So was I back when I joined this board.....by virtue of having a 488 gtb order in. I've learned much since then as you will also come to learn. Enjoy the ride. I did. Still do. But Ferrari has certainly made me wiser. Hence why have eggs in multiple baskets now. If it were to be only the one car chances are it would not be a Ferrari even though a few of their models are very nice. You may live to regret your current attitude toward me as I have learned to regret some of my past attitudes towards others here.

Not sure if I should take this as a compliment or an insult, or both? But you are quite correct my foray into the world of Ferrari was a steep learning curve -not all good, nor quite as expected or hoped, but still enough to keep me in the brand - just.

Agree.

Also agree they are not exotics but then they don't pretend to be.

It doesn't take much to see why they have continued to win worlds best sports car far more times than anything else. I will always have at least 2 of them in my stable for no reason other than for how brilliant they are.

The perfect stable for me would be 2 p gts, 1 x mac LT, 2 x F SV and, perhaps a lambo P (if they ever make a car for someone over 6'). It's a work in progress.

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #3886 SoCal to az, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    This recent Mac love affair of yours is quite refreshing. Several of us here have been talking about how great macs are and a great competitor to Ferrari and vice versa as in the end, we all win.

good luck with the 765. I hope you get an allocation.

Shadowfax likes this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks.

Socal fwiw Ive been looking at macs for a while now. It was never a hate thing for me - always call things exactly how I find them....Ok granted wasn't too popular amongst a few here at times. The closest I got to pulling the trigger was on a 600lt but circumstances had me put that on hold and in many ways just as well. A lot had to do with other models coming through and having enough cars to enjoy as it was. Any past negative comments on the brand were from my own first hand experiences and /or from friends who own - mainly to do with reliability (bits falling off and not starting etc - 570s) (and huge depreciation which i saw as unnecessary). Now Ferrari has entered into that same realm and, with so much changing in these cars everything is on the table for me now. Macs may be unreliable and depreciate heavily but then so do Ferrari's in fact even more so in comparison to certain Mac models. Take a 488 vs a 720 where the 720 proved better property. It's a new world as you know. I think F8 is a great car as an all rounder and, very stylish, but there are better all rounders for those purposes. For me a car like this needs to be very special to make it all worthwhile.

PS 765 certainly is of interest - watch this page:cool::)

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My super car journey went in reverse of Shadowfax. Over 2 decades, I was a devoted Porsche adherent. The usability, the consistency of performance, overall reliability and the lack of ostentation was highly appealing. But ultimately, boredom set in. The monotony of design, interiors that were uninspiring and driving dynamics that lacked excitement, stimulated my desire to search for a more thrilling alternative. In the past, I drove various Ferrari’s- 355, 360, 430, while the latter was purchased and appealed in some areas it was not sufficient to win me over. I then encountered the Lambo Balboni and my world was changed forever. Driving this car ignited a sense of passion and excitement that was previously lacking. Inspite of its many flaws, the adrenaline rush the Balboni engendered was intoxicating. That experience marked the beginning of the end of my Porsche adventure. They are of no interest to me any longer. I look to Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren for my super car kicks.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  14. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    You said 2 F SV. What does SV mean?

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3890 Shadowfax, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Special Version - as in Speciale or specialeA and Pista....would go very nicely together!

Sounds like your Journey is near identical to mine - I'd also owned many Porsche's over 2 decades and needed to change it up. 488 was my first real exotic and I was sold after a track drive so it was bye bye Porsche as a brand. So 488 order went in and the wait began. I've since tried most Maclaren's on the circuit with a view to adding one. It was purely fate that led to me buying Gt2rs as I was done there with Porsche, but being given a top spot in allocation (being a long time customer) and with Ferrari jiggering me around with the Pista confirmation I kept the Gt2 order live just in case Pista didn't happen. Anyhow the Gt2 build came up requiring a large deposit and Ferrari still not committing me a car - the rest now history... funny how GT2 changed the game for my Ferrari experience because even if the Pista allocation hadn't come through, after taking delivery of Gt2 and driving it drove a large nail into 488's coffin big time anyway. That Gt2 is one hell of a machine omg so glad I bought that car! And, if Pista hadn't come through it was bye bye Ferrari altogether as they had nothing of interest that even compared with the Macs (720 600lt). Funny how situations change..

So I'm at a stage where I've lost all interest in regular exotic models but still sample just in case. So far nothing, but will drive 992tts in June. F8 looked good, was quick enough but nope, so boring compared to a Pista - 600lt was way more exciting and alive than F8. F8 has looks, is quick and is "a Ferrari" but that's about it for me. I need more than that. And so 765 and STO enter the room! The stable awaits!

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    We are dancing to the same music. The super cars from the top 3 manufacturers have evolved into machines that offer technical excellence while simultaneously ameliorating the passion and excitement. The models that are the exception are the Performante, 600LT, Pista. and the upcoming 675LT and STO. I had high hopes for the 600LT and it came so close but the turbo lag and I despise turbo lag- eliminated it from purchase. The Pista at only MSRP would have been a viable option. The excitement going forward is the STO and the 765.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks good. I'd probably go dark grey over black though, hard to see some of the great lines.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    For those fixated on depreciation, in Canada, the 720S is dropping precipitously. Low mileage, nicely optioned examples are available as low as $278 CAD ( $205US) with many others at $289 CAD ( $217US). 488 are dropping , which is expected since the superior replacement is now available, but no where near 720S levels.

570S are down to $158 CAD- ( $117US) while others in the $169-179CAD- ( $124US).

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    While the F8 will not be my ultimate dream car, it still is the finest- most capable, fastest and most aesthetically pleasing example of a regular production Ferrari V8 mid engine. It almost assuredly will be the final all ICE Ferrari production car which for many will make it special.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My dealer contacted me to put a deposit securing an allocation for the STO.

21. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    What is STO? F8 replacement?

22. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name: