Most 458s Discussions!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Most 458s Discussions!!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F485, Nov 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    No, after you program the new repeater remote to your garage openers, use ONLY this new remote to program the 458. The remote that you have from the other vehicle still won't work to program the 458. Everything will work in the 458 using the repeater unit and remote only.

2. Keysersose

Keysersose Rookie

May 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    John W
    Thanks! I'll order a repeater..

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    if it has rolling code technology you will need the original remote from the garage door opener as well as press the button on the garage door opener itself.

4. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
  5. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Porsche Owners Club is at Buttonwillow Raceway on March 13.14. & 15th. There is a 458 Challenge Car entered in Red Race Group— against fastest PCars.

should be a good show— also there are usually 45 mins of lunch runs for spectators to drive around the track.

$10 gate fee

fyi

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    WOW ! Send us pictures here PLEASE !

7. Benji_ferrari

Benji_ferrari Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Bach
    Does anyone know if you can buy a used 458 Italia and then get a full redesign of the interior at Ferrari (new color, new color rev counter, hifi system and more) + a few options on the outside (sensors, camera, new headlights)

I haven’t been able to find any information about this anywhere, I tried to contact my local Ferrari dealer but they are of course closed right now. Therefor I was hoping some of you here could help me out, thanks

8. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Benjamin,

Your dealer should answer you by e-mail. They’re closed, but happy to accommodate clients by phone and/or e-mail. I’m in touch with my dealer here, even though there’s a lockdown.

You can also place orders although the factory in Maranello is closed. There will be a backlog, but they’ll accept your orders.

There’s the Ferrari Genuine program. You choose the items and your dealer orders and installs them. I’ve added OEM carbon fiber bits this way. The sky is the limit.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

9. Benji_ferrari

Benji_ferrari Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Bach
    dear Nuno

thank you very much for your response I really appreciate it, I’ve really tried to find some answers all through the internet but never found any clear answers.

this should mean even though I could buy a Ferrari from 2013 and it’s not in production. I should still go to my dealer and get a complete redesign of my interior from the Ferrari genuine catalog? Even if there is no mention of recolored brakes or new colored leather

kind regards

Benjamin

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Benjamin,

Have you looked into this?

https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/ferrari-genuine-accessories/equipments/000000000000002/

Any of the optional equipment in the Ferrari genuine catalogue is available at your local official dealer.

Should you require further and/or more personal touches and once the car is no longer in production, there are independent firms that customize your car’s interior and exterior. Mansory for instance, and many others.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

11. Benji_ferrari

Benji_ferrari Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Bach
    Dear Nuno,

yes I’ve looked and found some of the accessories I’ve wanted, the key missing part is more about getting some other key features, especially in the interior. I do know that mansory makes cars more “personal” but in not looking into a more extreme 458 Italia, all I want is a stock Italia with either beige tradizone or cuoio colored leather, plus red stitching and black stitched horse on the headrest.

kind regards

Benjamin.

AlfistaPortoghese and Melvok like this.
  12. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    You will grow to love them. I started racing many years ago and didn't have shift lights. Now, I don't know how I would get to max rpm without hitting the limiter if I didn't have lights. Not a gimmick. A true driver aid.

Clay512TR likes this.
  13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow thanks for sharing. i wrote that many moons ago before i had my 458. i guess my opinion has changed....i don't my the lights at all....

14. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    LOL, yeah I saw that you’re post was old after I’d hit send. Oh well, seems you don’t mind the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Question, when I try to use launch control and it reads “operation not permissible” is there something wrong with the car that I should have checked out or is the car just took hot? I haven’t been able to engage launch control the last couple times I’ve driven the car.

17. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    What setting is the Manettino switch set to? It may need to be in race or above.

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Tried in both Race and CT off. Car set in manual. I’ve used PS many times before this way. Just started not working. It is very hot here....

19. mcag22

mcag22 Rookie

Mar 23, 2017
    This is so helpful!!! Thank you so much !! :)

F485 likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't own a 458. Would love to one day. F8 on the way. With that said, I speak for those who have, for those who will and those would love to own one... This is invaluable information. Very nicely done

AlfistaPortoghese and F485 like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Pretty damn cool!!!

What is super funny is that I thought you had your 458 painted, an actual car and not a painting of a car. With that said, this could easily be a poster for some sort of car event. Maybe Car Week at Carmel... I think it is that good...

Coincid likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks very much.

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada