Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 155 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3851 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    I wouldn't advise it if you have an F8 locked in....would throw a major spanner in the works.

Not that I've ever come across least of all heard of any dealer offering out Pista's for demo and test drives unless they know a deal will definitely happen afterward. Hounds!

2. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    The only one squealing is you....maybe your chickens came home to roost....and found no coop...

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3853 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2020
    Absolutely they came home to roost and I can genuinely afford the exercise. I know a number of very wealthy people who own these types of cars and none that I know are dismissive as some make out here about losing a lot of money on a car like this. That said I would concede the bravado that exists amongst a few here is quite entertaining to listen to, and will no doubt be even more entertaining to watch unfold in real life away from the protective barrier of this board when the chickens come home to roost....which they will do.

nmcclure likes this.
  4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Totally missing my point-not feeling violated or craving attention either.My Spyker C8 Spyder is rarer and garners more attention than the 488 but considering the brand,styling,performace fun to drive element,the Ferrari just exudes a different experience and resale value doesn't enter my mind.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3855 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2020
    No not at all - certainly got your point. I wasn't inferring attention was your bag specifically - but in general for those who buy these cars with any thought in mind to which would garner more attention then the Ferrari wins hands down. It would also win hands down as a driving experience over the old tech 993tt too....which I thought I made clear.

I also understand the differences in experiences between a Porsche and Ferrari having owned multiple cars over many years and, as an owner of these brands, and more than just one car, appreciate them for what they can provide. So no real explanation required on that point.

Again drawing back to my original postings and the context of those posts it would appear some have become a little overly and unnecessarily defensive over the Ferrari and the F8. The points made, if taken in correct context are indeed real and, certainly valid..

6. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    All good!

Art138 and Shadowfax like this.
  7. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    992 TTS is just another 911...yawn. Nothing exciting about 911’s, unless you’re a kool-aid drinker.

Drson and Coincid like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3858 Shadowfax, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Oh well then I guess that must make me a Koolaid drinker for Ferrari, Porsche, and soon to be Maclaren if my 765 allocation comes through! Gulity as charged and loving the Koolaid! :cool:

And those boring 911's of mine - going by your account I better go put a pillow and blanket in the trunk of the gt2rs and gt3rs to cover those times when the boredom becomes so great I fall asleep at the wheel. Sorry- not happening! But I could see the need for a pillow and blanket in the trunk of the F8 ;).....along with a thermos of hot Koolaid for those moments where nothing else matters.:p

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The << ' >> symbol denotes minutes and the << " >> symbol denotes seconds. I thought everyone knew that...

That 's an arbitrary assumption. I could just as easily say that these high performance cars will be driven regularly above 200 kph. The fact of the matter remains that according to the manufacturers' claims, the F8 is a lot quicker than the 992 TTS, once traction is not an issue. This is manifested by their claimed 0-200 kph times; 7.8'' for the F8 vs 8.9'' for the TTS. This means that above 100 kph the F8 will murder the TTS. Now, please don't tell me that most driving will be done under 100 kph...

I guess you are referring to the SF90 Stradale (why can't we use the car's proper name?). I don 't see how that car is relevant in this discussion.

This statement is factually erroneous. The Pista, the F8 and the 720S have virtually an identical performance.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You are an absolute riot Zeus. You make me laugh so much! Your affinity with the Ferrari Koolaid has no bounds! I'm now wondering do you also sleep with a Ferrari teddy bear.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This is rather funny coming from a Porsche fanboy. Now, regarding the facts I stated, is there any sort of serious retort from your part?

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Only further laughter - sorry but you seriously are a cack! Your posts are making me laugh so much even my wife is asking whats going on.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    So you don't have anything serious to say... I should have known better than to engage in a serious discussion...

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Don't take it so seriously and just roll with it. We can chat over that bottle of merlot in your cellar and I'm sure you will be laughing along with me.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Don't worry, there are no hard feelings. :)

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3866 Shadowfax, Mar 8, 2020
    Ok I'll play a little bit.....but not much as I know you just cant let it go when you get stuck on something.

Firstly dont get too caught up in manufacturers claims.

Secondly don't be so offended over the BB term. Its OK. We all know what it is. BB, SF90 same difference. And yes it is awd and very heavy and is relevant given your reference.

Thirdly if you've been watching the latest Vids from drag times even blind freddy can see the 720 has Pista's measure. Hell i'm not offended and I own a Pista. F8 wouldn't be in the running against either. It is what it is. Ferrari isnt winning in this game anymore but it doesn't stop me from buying, loving and enjoying their cars.

We don't even need to wait to see the result between 765 and whatever Ferrari put on the table be it SF90, Pista whatever. It doesn't matter any more.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    At this point in time we only have the manufacturer's claims regarding the TTS, so we should compare those to what Ferrari claims for the F8. The Pista though has proven Ferrari's claims.

Not offended one bit. Using the actual name makes communication easier though. That car though is from the class above, a lot quicker and pricier than the cars discussed here, so I don 't see how it is relevant.

The numbers are nearly identical. A few tenths here and there don't make a difference, unless all one cares about is drag racing. The Pista has more downforce-drag and that's one of the reasons it beats the 720 at the track.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions. ;)

I believe we 've said all there is to say about this matter, so let 's move on. Cheers mate!

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If straight line performance is all that matters nothing touches a Mclaren. I also really like their carbon tubs and active aero. They produce cars that are brutally quick, but perhaps too digital for some, lacking in the sensual nature of things. Notice I said for some. Ferrari’s currently line up, even the F8 isn’t as quick but far more beautiful. Both should exist. Both are great. One isn’t inherently better than the other.

Drson and gowthamn like this.
  19. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    #3869 gowthamn, Mar 8, 2020
    I always say that Ferrari is for performance and emotion. McLaren is for pure performance. Porsche is for best price to performance and emotion. And Lambo is for show off and display purposes.

Drson and crazedboutcars like this.
  20. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Lol, cool story. Post up pics of your current Ferrari(s). Happy to chat about them and/or your F8 order. Otherwise, we can meet over at Rennlist or McLaren Life to discuss the others.

As I’ve stated in the past, I’m new to Ferrari, by virtue of having an F8 on order. I’ve experienced everything else save for Lamborghini, and simply have no love for 911’s. Looks are subjective and I’m just not a fan. Nothing exotic about them.

With regard to McLaren, I’ve paid my tuition and likely won’t go back. Nothing on the planet is more temperamental and depreciates faster. A 2016 675LT spider with a window of $425-450K US, can be had for $200K! This is a limited edition car!! Performance is the only redeeming factor, but can’t be tapped on the street. As for the 765LT, they’ve successfully found a way to cover every square inch with a superfluous piece of carbon fiber. It’s like a Lego Transformer design...through the eyes of a nine year old boy. No doubt it will be quick in a straight line though...unless up against a Taycan, Demon or P100D;)

Drson likes this.
  21. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    How was your experience with a McLaren driving on city streets? Is the turbo lag too much?

22. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I guess I accepted it’s there, but never gave it much more thought than that. They’re certainly fun cars to drive though.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Compare Shadowfax posts this year to all the previous years and it seems that someone has taken over his persona. He used to pray at the altar of Ferrari, claiming how stellar the 488 was and then waxing poetic over the Pista. Now the glowing accolades flow over Porsche with a sprinkle of praise directed at McLaren coupled with damnation spewed at Ferrari. Simply an observation bereft of imputing any sinister motives.

REALZEUS, Glenn Quagmire and Drson like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    With the stellar performance and stunning super cars offered by McLaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari, destines Porsche to be of no interest to me now or in the future. Been there, done that.

Glenn Quagmire, Drson and Dicecal like this.
  25. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    At least the engine looks good....lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login