456M front seat fuse identification. | FerrariChat

456M front seat fuse identification.

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Mirek, Mar 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Hey guys, enjoying the 456 but can anybody tell me where the drivers side seat fuse is located ?
    I searched everyplace and cannot seem to pin down anything other that it “might” be in a fuse box located “around” the passenger foot space. The seat will not move in any direction.

Also, I have a check engine light on now and I wonder if it is safe to drive or do these things trip from any and everything ?

I drove around with the trunk accidentally left “opened” when the light appeared but I would assume that they are unrelated.

thanks and this is a great forum !!

2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Like the Bat light over Gotham City, the call goes out for Electro-Wizard....Qavion....Qavion, you're needed in Maranello Land!!

Seriously, Jeff, Qavion has the BEST circuit diagrams here that cover 456/550/575 models. And the best running understanding of the functional operation of the electrical systems of these cars. If you don't hear from him shortly, PM him.

3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Wow man, thank you. Will do !

I really appreciate the information and guidance so readily shared here !

Does anybody go to the Concorso Italiano in Monterey during car week ?

4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm in New Hampshire so Monterey is a bit out of my show route. But its clear there are plenty here who do attend. As for the help here, it was so invaluable to me when I was looking for my car and after I got it, I try my best to give back a little. This truly is a mutual aid society. Tightest and most supportive car community I've ever been a part of and that includes the lower classes of open wheel racers, a pretty tight bunch.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #5 Qavion, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Sorry, I've been a little slow off the mark today. My landline has failed and my mobile connection is a little slow ... The seat fuses on the 456M are in the passenger footwell, but they are above the main fuse panel plugged into a black plastic box.

This wiring diagram may help:

456M Window & Door Wiring Diagram

See item 26D. Fuses 1 & 2 are for the seats. I'm not sure of the orientation of this fuse holder or the fuse values so you may need to check all 16 fuses. My colour scheme reflects power source, not fuse colour. Note that the diagram does not show the wiring on the seats, just the power plugs 29F and 20D.

Hope the link works.

Cheers
    Ian

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #6 Qavion, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  7. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Thank you very much. I have spent time in New Hampshire and it was beautiful. I upgraded my membership just now due to you guys. Thank you.

Qavion likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Jeff, if you do manage to confirm the fuse location, would you be able to tell us where they are on the fuseholder (rear right, rear left, front right, front left). If the location is different from the diagram, I can amend it.

For convenience, here is the correct link:

Ferrari 456M Windows and Doors (and seat interface) Wiring Diagram

9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    We're having as mild a winter as just about anyone can remember. I, of course, have now doomed that!!

As for membership, that fee was a very minor down payment on parts. You recover your fee money the first time you work you way through the common parts sticky post. Great example, I just replaced my siren. Ferrari part--~$380, same Bosch part for Corvette---$70. Same thing for suspension bombs. Over $400 for the Ferrari part, same Bosch part with a very slightly undersized mounting bolt hole and carrying a BMW part number is more like $150 or so.

The interchangeable parts thread at the top of the 456/550/575 Group section would make membership worthwhile at 10x the fee. No kidding. BMW trunk latches, Renault this, Alfa that, and on and on it goes.

10. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    I have a 1995 so an M may be different, but when my passenger seat wouldn’t work I found a blown fuse under the front edge of the seat. Hope this helps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Yes, my car is not an ”M” and is in winter storage, but both seats have a fuse in a normal single fuse holder in the front of the seat, under the seat front where the wires enter the seat. I believe it is to ptotect the seat ECU.

Cheers!

12. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Interesting and man that would be good news but mine is not nearly accessible. There is maybe a one inch gap between the floor and lowermost leather section of the front seat.
    Headed to Ferrari of Beverly Hills tomorrow so hopefully they can sort it.

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Couldn't find the footwell fuses, Jeff?

Perhaps they could show you where the seat fuses are for next time? I'd still like to know if my diagram's fusebox orientation is correct ;)

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The seats are heavy, but relatively easy to remove.

15. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    For future reference on this....yes it was a blown fuse underneath the seat exactly as you suggested.
    Dealer removed the seat to replace.

Thanks guys !

Qavion likes this.
  16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Interesting. These underseat fuses are not shown in the 456M Workshop Manual wiring diagrams.

I wonder what caused the fuse to blow.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.