488 Pista / 6,000 units being produced?...? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

488 Pista / 6,000 units being produced?...?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GoHardGT3RS, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    For as much as I like the lines of the Roma, in some odd way it doesn't look 100% like a Ferrari to me. Hard to explain - maybe it's the tail light treatment or something.

Beautiful car though.

Ray

GT2goneF, PTG1 and dustman like this.
  2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    They didn't break it down by car from what I saw. I didn't read the entire report word by word. I just noticed they mentioned the production numbers for 2019.

Ray

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I haven't seen one in person yet, but how the back looks in videos and photos gives me pause. It just looks too busy to me. Just because you can design something, doesn't mean you should. Usually more simple and uncluttered lines look smoother and more beautiful. I really don't know what Ferrari is trying to accomplish with things like the F8 rear glass and the crazy rear end design of the SF90. Just give me a glass rear window and let's call it good.

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.
  4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 412 is a nice looking car for sure. I went to lunch once in a 412 (or maybe it was a 400i) and it was a fun ride for sure. The older Ferraris are really great. I've always really liked the 250GTE also.

Ray

gabf1 likes this.
  5. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Ask yourself what the money factor is on that lease... then you will see why the residual is that figure.

IloveGT likes this.
  6. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Thanks for the reply, I'm wondering if they are manufacturing a lot more getting ready to dump them all.

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Looks like a Jag and Aston had a baby.

Sometimes less is more.

RayJohns likes this.
  8. RyanFoH

RyanFoH Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    To avoid speculation, FFS does not adjust Money Factor / APR by model.

It is the same whether a new Portofino, F8, Lusso T, 488 Pista.

tfazio likes this.
  9. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, Ryan is absolutely correct but Residual Values do vary by model.

10. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #85 boobernackle, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Go talk to your finance manager and ask what was done with money factors through FFS for certain models. There is an option to reduce the rate significantly, or get additional discount instead... Sometimes up to $50K (Lusso). I bet those dealers selling Lussos at MSRP to push Pistas didn't disclose that to customers?

FFS money factor is typically .00269, which I believe to be very high (6.45%) based on captive lease programs across the board. On certain models, there will be incentives through FFS to reduce it to .0002, but the residual value will be lower/standard. Dealers can, and many do, mark up the money factor for additional profit without disclosing it to the customer, a practice I feel should be banned in the industry.

The fact I provided the aforementioned with incredible accuracy shouldn't alarm anyone.

ChipG likes this.
  11. RyanFoH

RyanFoH Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Yes, a money factor rate reduction is available with the FFS standard programs (FFS Loyalty or Equity Discount). There is a FFS Lusso Appreciation Program that is much more aggressive that also adjusts residual.
    I can't speak for other dealers on finance disclosures or there practices, only mine, but I am not naïve to the actions you mentioned.
    I personally handle the finance aspect of every sale (I prefer this method as it allows me to oversee the transaction more closely and it eliminates a commissioned employee. It's just easier.). I have been with this organization since 2015 and have never marked up the money factor (we only contract FFS leases). I contract at buy rate and paperwork is 100% ready when the client arrives for delivery. To each there own on how a store operates.

My comments regarding money factor / residual values by (FFS) are meant as a perspective related to how the captive lender views the Ferrari market (specifically new 488 Pista / Spider).

BCHOW and boobernackle like this.
  12. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Correct you are.

RyanFoH likes this.
  13. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Thank you for the reply and honesty, along with confirming my prior message.

I tip my hat to you for not adding to the money factor, there are more of us out there, but I also realize that dealers are independent operators in a free market. My only issue is when dealers do it without disclosing it to the customer.

My initial point is that FFS does have variable money factors, not the fixed rate as mentioned in your earlier message, but they comprise of lowering the residual (standard rate). FFS could have a Pista with a MF of .0012 (which is around what many captive finance arms typically use) and make the residual at 52%, but I believe they elected to have a higher rate alongside a higher residual.

The post from another user about the residual being 67% did not include that it comes at a premium with a high interest rate to compensate. FFS will always win, just like any other leasing company, so if the Pista value after 5 years becomes 50%, FFS is still ahead due to the massive interest payments already collected, which can be up to $2,000/month at a MF of .00269

14. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Another boring thread written by people that either couldnt get a Pista allocation or can’t afford one to begin with.

yawn, go back to Reddit people.

15. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    LOL, I'm right there with you... Messaged mods to have my reply #85 deleted and move on, no luck!

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    How long have you had it for again? Was it two months?

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and PTG1 like this.
  18. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Relax, nobody is dumping anything...

19. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Options also have lower residentials then the metal so this can increase costs to the purchaser considerably. On a deal I did it was 60% residual on the metal and 40% on the options

20. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    My opinion i like the speciale better even though it’s slower.

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like the 6000 number was not so far out after all

ChipG likes this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1,000

23. doc76

doc76 Rookie

Jul 27, 2014
    Italia
    Full Name:
    Nico
    hello, I don't think the number of 6000 track is too much, (Pista - Pista Spider - Pista Piloti) since the F12 was produced in 4000PZ and F12 TdF about 1000PZ ... GTC 4000pcs ...
    SIG MASSINI HELP US

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    My hunch that Ferrari was going to build many Pistas was one of the reasons why I purchased Ferrari stock. While my Pista has depreciated, I’ve profited from RACE. A natural hedge of sorts.

25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you bought Tesla a few months ago, you coud have had SF90 for free.