456M Center Console | FerrariChat

456M Center Console

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by msark, Mar 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I bought a refurbished radio from Becker USA and it has a cable to connect to my iPhone. It's a direct swap out although the cd changer goes off-line. The unit has a single disk.

I want to run the cable to the flat area on the center console. Would someone please tell me how you remove the flat leather panel?

Thanks in advance ... Mark

2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    There’s two tabs at the front, but it should just lift out with a trim tool.

I ran my cable along the inside of the console’s lower edge and have it exiting the back. The iPhone still lies in that same flat cubby. No need to drill or otherwise modify the console.

Qavion likes this.
  3. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    That's great advice.... I'll try to do the same thing and hope the cable is long enough.
    I want the keep the oem radio and the upgrade should do the trick. I also bought and will later report on a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the same area and would replace the lightning cable. I have this same radio in another car with a 3.5mm plug that goes into the tiny iPod shuffle.

Again ... Thanks for the reply