250 Gte tube from filler surround to inner right rear fender | FerrariChat

250 Gte tube from filler surround to inner right rear fender

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Mar 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Dear All,

were does the end if the plastic tube from the fuel filler surround going into the right rear fender end?
    Is is fixed to something?

Thanks for any hint or picture
    Christopher

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    as I remember there are 2 plastic tubes. but not sure anymore
    one is going for water draining from the deepeining after open the fuel filler flap into the free
    the other is for ventilating the fueltank system and is going from the inlet fuel pipe to the fuel tank

readplays likes this.
  3. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Outside, behind rear wheel. In some factory side view photos you can see the end of the tube.

readplays likes this.
  4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks a lot. Yes, the one leading the water outside is the one I meant. Is it going through a simple hole in the rear fender or is there a kind of tube leading to the outside?

Thanks
    Christopher

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If I understand correctly, the subject of this discussion is the flexible/soft plastic tubing for draining water (car wash, rain, etc) from fuel filler “pocket” and goes down to trunk floor, then through it to outside (behind the rear wheel), right ?
    If so, 365 GTB/4s have same and 2 to 3 other similar drainage tubes going through holes on their trunk floor + 2 smaller holes with no tubes.
    I’ve seen evidence of these holes (on 365 GTB/4s) having been originally either drilled and/or punched from inside (holes looking kind of like when bullets go through sheet metal). I’ve also seen many restored or repainted 365 GTB/4s without any or some of these holes and/or tubes.
    365 GTS/4s should likely have 2 fewer holes & tubes, but having not had access for in-depth studies of unrestored Spyder coach work, I can’t say for sure.

6. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Right. That is exactly the tube I mean. I am wondering if it is just a hole the tube leads through into the open or if there is some kind of attachment? I would also be interested in the right location of the hole in the fender. Any photos from outside or inside would be great help.

Thanks for your support.
    Christopher

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    there is only a hole at the buttom ( so where the fender is parallel to the floor but near the welding, so not much away from the welding

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I'm not familiar with location of the hole(s) on GTE, but on 365 GTB/4s the holes are located right behind rear wheel wells, close to the lowest areas of the trunk floor on both sides (left and right) with the smaller holes (with no tubes) for the trunk floor drain located at the very lowest corners.
    I would imagine GTE construction/design featuring similar ideas.

9. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks a lot for all your answers. As always helpful and supportive. Thanks a lot.

10. Melchior

Melchior Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Martin Melchior
    Fennicus, BigTex and TTR like this.
  11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Similar drainage on 365 GTB/4, though on some this side (RH) could potentially have only one large hole with tube.
    Pencil points to small, floor drainage hole.

Full disclosure, these holes are not OEM/Scaglietti made. They were done by me to trunk floor I made to replace corrosion damaged original one, but locations and sizes are documented/researched to simulate original ones.

Photo copyright TTR (me)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks a lot to all of you. Helps a lot!
    Christopher