720s faster than Pista in Hockenheim GP (sport auto) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

720s faster than Pista in Hockenheim GP (sport auto)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tekaefixe, Feb 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    No worries. Most of us are very passionate about our cars, so I get it. Haven’t taken the 2RS out due to winter, perhaps I need a reminder for how bad ass it is. Yezzzz

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Absolutely (passionate)! Hope winter ends for you soon! I've got an exciting schedule ahead of me over the next 2 months and both 2rs and Pista are both in for some solid exercise.

As the saying goes ; make hay while the sun shines! Be keen to hear your next take on the 2r - give it plenty!:D

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  3. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Too bad the Mclarens sound like leaf blowers

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lame post. Grow up.

Drson, tekaefixe, Jo Sta7 and 3 others like this.
  5. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    I you haven't taken notice, this is a Ferrari forum. Post's like this are just meant to stir everyone up. The whole thread is as you said, L.

Jason B likes this.
  6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    And that's why people have left car forums.... the one's who make lame postings are the ones that don't own the cars.

chrixxx, tekaefixe and Jo Sta7 like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So you like to just stir stuff up and not actually contribute anything of intelligence. Got it. We seem to have a couple of people like you on this thread. Noone in particular that Im referring to.

8. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Yep, and someone said my post was lame. Hey I'm just telling the truth. I'm an expert because I said it on the internet and everyone will believe me lol.

Just waiting the C8 post which says how a corvette is better than a Ferrari.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So true. The biggest bs comes from people who dont actually own any exotics, dont drive any exotics - they read Car and Driver and regurgitate the info here.

Cigarzman, chrixxx, tekaefixe and 2 others like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I said your post was lame and I have no clue what you are babbling on about now.

11. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    Wrong again. We are talking about the whole thread in general. Go back to your day job and please be better at it than you are on this forum.

This is what this post has done. See first page.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Congratulations on your 13 posts. Quite the accomplishment here.

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ok bickersons, knock it off.

you know who you are.

D

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8, 812,765, Aventador represent the end of the pure ICE super cars. The next generation will inevitably involve hyrbidization followed by horrors of horrors pure electrification. For those who cannot imagine driving a super car that employs batteries, the end of the road is upon us. Does that imply that exotic car lovers will actually stick with their current pick for years to come. Highly unlikely.

Drson likes this.
  15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's not me!

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Who'd a thought that? :D

D

17. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I agree, although, I am pivoting to other hobbies now.

18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    So do turbo Ferraris, they all sound like ass

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #194 Shadowfax, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Funny post. You clearly havent been listening very well to the sounds coming out of the latest ferraris. Actually if only they sounded like a leaf blower it would be a blessing imho.
    Dreadful situation for the brand.
    And at least the Mac has a full titanium system with flame drama vs Ferrari who market their system as titanium but the only thing titanium are the dress tippings. Laughable really. No wonder mac has them on the ropes all the time.

ryalex likes this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I wouldnt say ALL. But most certainly all the ones F8 and beyond are sounding to be in very bad shape especially from the outside. It could push buyers into electric cars the way Ferrari is going.

tekaefixe likes this.
  21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    F8 sounds like ass from the outside. Inside hot tube sound like listening to Sennheiser's with the volume up. Tolerable but far cry from the NA open air concert.

22. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Took the 2RS out today. Had fun. Great car.

However, not close to the Pista. There is a bigger difference in performance between the 2RS and Pista, then there is between a Pista and 720S. My buddy, who also had a 2RS, came out with me today in his 720S. The 720S is seriously fast. Also faster than a 2RS, at least on the street. The 2RS has a fair amount of downforce and rear wheel steering, which allows that car to shine on track.

I either have a lemon of a 2RS or a ringer of a Pista. Either way, I’m happy with both. Very different cars but on two different levels. I drive both cars pretty hard....not garage queens.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #198 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    I've generally found the 2rs superior powering back down on very tight corners where speed needs to come right back on corner entry. Pista feels like it is accelerating slightly harder on the straights and is for sure phenomenally fast (as too is gt2rs for that matter) and Pista feels like it can bring more speed through the mid corner vs GT2 rS which requires more caution yet pulls out of the corner like nothing else. So both shine in their own individual ways. My point all along was that 2rs is certainly not boring to drive least of all in comparison to a Pista when the hammer is dropped. Both deliver superior satisfactions over each another in certain ways so it really comes down to personal preferences how each car executes the various elements in the course of driving that car fast. For sure the Pista demands less of the driver in many situations yet still requires great concentration due to the sheer speed it can develop so quickly. The 2rs on the other hand feels more satisfying at slower speeds mainly due to the elements of the engine sound (being more audible) and the general precise feel of the controls. We are both very fortunate to own these cars, have the luxury of choice and be critical over one from the other due to our own sets of personal preferences.

GoHardGT3RS, spyderman and Pis7a2020 like this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The 720S looks like an alien spaceship behind the Porsche.

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Let's connect this weekend if the weather works and we can compare to the Taycan.

Shadowfax and Pis7a2020 like this.