Superamerica Market | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Superamerica Market

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Redrrari, Mar 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You betcha. I've never driven a scud. But those who have tell me it is a trip. Just pin it and go, on the track, that is.

2. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Do you mean the maserati grantourismo stradale ?

3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    No it's not the Stradale. In 2009 Maserati was still under the Ferrari management. They decided to make a "hot" version of the Gran Truismo. Since both 430 and Gran Turismo engines were nearly the same specifications and all built in the Ferrari factory it was a simple upgrade to put the 430 engine into the Gran Turismo chassis. It was a bit detuned but not much. They mated it to the new 599 transaxle and a star was born. The exhaust was more free flow and has a great sound. The suspension was also tightened over the stock GT.

What they didn't anticipate was the US Feds decision that the 2009 "S" was not the same as the Gran Turismo and mandated Maserati homologate the new version. Crash tests and more nonsense. Maserati decided it wasn't worth the investment and dropped the model altogether. Only 300 US 2009 Gran Turismo were imported. When you look at them they don't appear any different than the stock versions. But it's a Ferrari in a Maserati body. To me it's the best of both worlds. And you can buy them for a song. One day.......

Don't be mistaken. This is a truly unique Maser that almost nobody knows exists. It's a blast to drive.

4. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Interesting.... so here in australia how would i be able to tell if it is one ?