Best style seat for an F12? | FerrariChat

Best style seat for an F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by stan996turbo, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    What is the prevailing opinion on the best seat for an F12, a carbon backed race seat or the standard comfort seat? The race seats look cool but maybe not in line with the GT theme of the car.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Race seats

3. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    Both seats are great. Yes race seats look great but so do the GT seats. I have GT seats in my 812 and they are the way to go if you want to be comfortable over longer distances versus just a short blast. I was surprised how well the GT seats hold me. Of course the race seats hold you more firmly if you are really pushing the car like when at the track. The F12 is a GT car; it's not a track car. I have a track car with race seats for that pursuit. My advice is go to a Ferrari dealer and sit in both kinds of seats to help inform your decision. Also, I believe the GT seats are more desirable in terms of resale as more potential buyers will want that seat versus the race seats.

Solid State likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have STD seats in mine but certainly prefer the race seats. They look great and are relatively comfortable.

5. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Depends on what you use it for.

Mine is a weekend car...so prefer the carbon race seats and have them in mine. They add so much to overall driving experience...in that you feel you are in a 740hp supercar...instead of GT.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Definitely not a fan of the F12 comfort seats. Nowhere near enough side bolster. CF seats without any doubt.

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Seats that don't adjust to you are seats that require you to adjust to them. In general, street cars better matched with street seats and race cars with race seats. Both look great in an F12 because of the car's sporty mission but variable heat and custom fit make for a better overall experience in a street car. Not the same situation with the 812s as the stock seats were redesigned and in that case the compromise of the race seats is far less and look much better.

8. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    standard look good and fit good.
    race seats are good also..depends what you like.

9. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thank you all for the responses

10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Do you need protection while in the STD seats to prevent contracting an STD?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat[/QUOTE]
    Depends on your date

JL350 likes this.
  12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    daytonas. never understood while someone would order race seats in a GT car.

13. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I have the same question. In the 458/488, CF seats are mandatory IMO. But that’s a ‘toss around’ car. I want to use the F12 as a tourer. I want comfort over racing, want heated seats, etc. I really dislike the Daytona pattern, ideally would have diamond pattern standard seats. Am I going to regret not having the CF seats like I would with a 458/488? For someone with mild back issues, are the CF seats uncomfortable on 100/200+ mile drives?

14. 348ts92

348ts92 Karting

Sep 27, 2002
    St Louis, USA
    Full Name:
    Magnus Tannfelt
    I have the CF seats in my F12 and after a couple 250-300 miles drives I can confirm that they are very comfortable. In my personal opinion, better than the std seats - and they look much better (still my very personal opinion:)).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have had race, Daytona and std. get what you like. Race are comfortable for most body types for long drives.

If you get the std seats, race can be easily fit in, run about 10k. And can be sold with modest depreciation

Get what you like. For me std/fully electric Daytona were best.

16. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I have the CF/race seats in my 458, if they are the same basically, then yes, for long drives sounds like I’d prefer standard seats.

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure how much of an actual GT the F12 really is. Feels less s0orty than the 812, but it still feels very much like a sports car.
    The seats that makes sense is the seat that suits you. I can sit in the CF seats for hours and feel snug as a bug in a rug, but after about 90 or so mins with the F12 comfort seats, my lower back and back of my thighs are not very happy. Add to that I feel no side bolster support from the comfort seats, which makes a spirited drive a bit of a chore. If they wanted super comfy seats, they should have gone for the Lusso seats. But still, the CF seats in medium really fits me well and I don't get any pains or the like.
    So for me, why would you not get the CF seats in a GT? They are the most comfortable.

It all depends...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app