Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 152 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is clear that noone does not have the financial means to purchase a high end car so he engages in disparaging diatribes to justify the reason why he would not buy one in any event.

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would hope he understood by now since it's the same song as before.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @noone1 has had a long history challenging other's purchase decisions. That said, he is still very thirsty I see.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    agreed 100%, I've been trying to drive this point home for a while now... keeps coming back for more though.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi John,

I haven't figured out how Ferrari hurt @noone1 so badly. He's had a long history of bashing cars he deems 'unworthy' of his esteem. Take a look here where he calls the interior seat and wheel of person's Enzo a POS. (no seriously - he did)

When I repeatedly point out (see above 5 posts) this is not a recipe to win friends here, unfortunately, it goes over his head. It's fun to me though, so I tolerate it. Makes the forums interesting.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    you had to revive that thread didn’t you! Shame on you. :)

jumpinjohn, Jo Sta7 and paulchua like this.
  8. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    All in good fun!

John

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Exactly
    :)
    Ferrari always solicits out sized reactions for better or worse. It just shows the power and passion the brand engenders from admirers and detractors alike.

stavura, Igor Ound and jumpinjohn like this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #3785 MANDALAY, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020
    Seriously ? take your foot of the accelerator and make it go as slow as the 458

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Holy crap- completely missed this comment. Not a chance in hell the performance of the 458 is similar to the 488. It’s a 100 hp more. Jesus Christ- more bs being spewed!!

Cigarzman and Jo Sta7 like this.
  12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3787 noone1, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Your solution to a car that accelerates too quickly in normal us is to just rev it super slow/low?

Would you buy a car that went 0-100 mph in 2s and then just tell yourself to only use the first 25% of pedal travel nice and slow just so it drives a more reasonable speed?

This is actually the appeal of lower power and slower cars. You already lost the manual shifting in modern cars, and now you want a car that often requires light throttle and 2nd gear? Every new performance bump is just making the cars less and less interactive on a normal road.

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah. Something like that... :rolleyes:

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I guess I'd ask the same LOL

Why do you care so much about what I say or do or think, Glenn? You're new here, so let me explain to you how this whole Internet thing works: It's filled with people like me, it's filled with people like you. It's filled with people we don't understand how the other thinks or why they do what they do. If you want an echo chamber, I'm sure you can find one on /r/The_Enzo or something.

16. Lazi-D

Lazi-D Rookie

Feb 16, 2020
    Wanted to thank everyone in this discussion. Been lurking for a few months. Just finalized the specs on my F8, with luck I’ll be able to see it before end of this year. This will be my first prancing horse, first car of this caliber for sure, still got a lot to learn, will be hanging around in the background. Cheers!

MANDALAY, jim g, Jo Sta7 and 4 others like this.
  17. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Post your specs

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Lazi-D

Lazi-D Rookie

Feb 16, 2020
    LARRYH, MANDALAY, REALZEUS and 5 others like this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Usually, I would be happy to concur, but given you did not give one single cogent response to my rebuttals, I accept your concession. Albeit wrapped in the false airs of compromise.

MANDALAY and Jo Sta7 like this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3795 paulchua, Mar 3, 2020
    Congratulations on your upcoming car!!!

Don't mind the detractor, some folks still haven't learned the proper thing to do when a friend gets a new car is to congratulate them, not attempt to point out all the 'wrong' stuff about their purchase.

Gorgeous spec, and I wish you endless miles of happiness in your new F8!

Lazi-D and jim g like this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Cause he can't. Always shifts the subject to try to sound intelligent on the topic. He literally posted there is no performance difference in the 458 and 488. His years of ownership and driving experience leads him to believe that.

Jo Sta7 and paulchua like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Because this is literally an internet chat forum? Where we all discuss what we think?
    You got it wrong again, the apt analogy is if Glenn queried why a person would attend every single game for somebody's else's 'home team.'

Your response to his question is parallel to you saying something such as "sports games are meant to be attended by people, if you don't like people, don't attend."

You haven't answered the crucial point behind Glenn's query. When somebody voluntarily spends leisure time on a topic, human nature dictates they 'like' or 'enjoy' that subject of interest.

Many of us here already know the reason why you spend your time here, Glenn being new as you pointed out, does not.

MANDALAY and SoCal to az like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3798 paulchua, Mar 3, 2020
    @Coincid

I would have to defend @noone1 here. Ownership and affluence is never a litmus test for fellowship and participation in Fchat. Everyone from every background is welcome, regardless of their bank account or ownership status.

That said, I believe @noone1 interest is purely academic, which is fine. Some people are okay to forever read about the concept of Love or Sex and content with never permanently having the real things.

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3799 paulchua, Mar 3, 2020
    You can't have it both ways. Now you're saying there is a difference but not 'usable' or lose 'feel?'

Not usable for who? What if you're a track rat wanting to shave off a second off on your favorite course? Say the polar opposite; you're just a 90-year-old enthusiast that only enjoys cars and coffee and likes the added refinement on the way there.

This measured driver might like the F8's looks, or it gives them happiness knowing the extra horsepower is there even if they only use it once.

These are toys that all rapidly depreciate, nobody buys them with investment in mind. You keep trying to apply different measuring tools in incompatible contexts.

As I said, the proper thing to do when somebody buys a new F8 is to congratulate them and wish them well, not pull out a laundry list of everything 'wrong' about their purchase*.

*I take that back, in say a forum called "FrugalNinjas" you would be right at home.

Borrow’d Mine likes this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yeah, I found that odd, but then par for the course eh?

SoCal to az likes this.