Paint Protection | FerrariChat

Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by vincep99, Feb 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I did a search and found a lot of info on XPEL, but I wonder if anyone has compared it against STEK and SolarGard Clearshield Pro?

2. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I have Stek. I looked at it and Xpel. Right off you notice the clarity differences. I wanted something with no orange peel. The price was the same as xpel.

The fender has it. The door does not.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    I have a full PPF here is a pic of my car after. Had it done by Bigfoot at the McClarren dealer ship. It’s apparently premium shield .....clarity is magic. I have had xpel ultimate too. Xpel a tad stronger but premium shield hands down better clarity.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks for the input!

5. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    DoubleD33, With the installation of the Stek PPF, was a separate ceramic coating needed on top of it?

6. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I did not go ceramic. It was not recommended on this PPF as it has those properties built in to it. A few weeks in and I am still super happy I did it.

FWIW I declined to ceramic the rest of the car. I have older ppf on the rockers. I may have the top done along with the rear bumper. I am not a fan of the deck lid on the spider as it gets hot. I can see it baking on.