F8 Spider | Page 11 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Awwww hell. Looks like I'll be buying second hand again.

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Common practice at my dealer back in the 458 Spider generation as new custom specs were sold at MSRP and went to existing Ferrari owners while lightly used examples were commanding over sticker pricing to first time buyers. Known as "right of first refusal", I was required to sign a written contract that was binding for 12 months.

Fast forward to this past month as I was at the F8 launch with over a 100 others and the public announcement was F8 allocations for both coupe and spider were available to anyone willing to place a $1000 deposit. Times have changed.

MANDALAY likes this.
  3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think the idea behind that is for me not to flip the car without going through them. I don’t care because I’m going to keep it anyway. Not a big deal as these cars don’t hold their value anymore. Lol. Best ,Kirk.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Hahaha - you said that about the last car.....and the car before that.......and the.....

Cigarzman and MANDALAY like this.
  5. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    At Ft. Laud Ferrari its $20 thousand and I put the deposit last April....being told March or April 2020 allotment. Depends what neck of the woods you’re in.

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    S. FLA is a unique market for sure, ton of exotics.

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    BTW does anyone have the order code for the leather steering wheel with the LEDs? I originally configured mine with the CF LED and want to change it to fit my leather interior.

MANDALAY likes this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Cant help you with the code as when I did it , it was extra and not coded. But looks great , especially if carbon is not your thing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and jm2 like this.
  9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, I payed a little bit extra too so that my entire spec was CF-free and remember it was not a line item code. Nice that it's a no charge option with the F8.

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    I ordered my F8 spider in Atlanta in October last year. Does anyone have any idea when production/delivery will begin in the US. Thanks Sandy

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I hear this Summer.

12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Is this a guesstimate or do you have a good source? Very interested as I have ordered both coupe and spider with no confirmation of spider deliveries at all from dealer
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Info from the local dealer

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What is your status? If you are not RED 10 by the end of Feb, no way it will be there prior to the August holidays. About 6 months all included from the day it goes Red 10. If you have special extras that might add to the delivery time. It is also worth noting that Ferrari currently prioritise the Pistas and Pista Spiders which they very much would like to have gone by July. There are a few F8 Spiders on the line now, but I would say that they have been specced last summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

WM458 and jm2 like this.
  15. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I ordered my spider in October too. Dealer has no date for me. Does your spider order show up in MyFerrari.com as on waiting list?

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I have a deposit on a F8 spider too. I was told by my dealer there are no allocations to be put in the system as of yet. It is supposed to open soon though so I’m awaiting a call so I can spec mine out. This information was given to me yesterday at a car show with F-Tampa. Best , Kirk.

17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Anyone Red 10?
    If so congrats! And in which territory? (I’m in the USA)

18. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Same here in Europe.
    Also got known Pista‘s production finalization is delayed. Change of the belts to F8 may happen in June only, with Tributo Coupés being handled first.
    Happy if the first Spiders see the daylight end of 2020...

Cigarzman likes this.
  19. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm told will be a year after coupe deliveries but let's see as we all think it will be here a bit quicker

20. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    My dealer is reporting end of 3rd quarter 2020 for first Spider deliveries in the US.

PTG1 and jm2 like this.
  21. Ben@Data1

Ben@Data1 Rookie

Feb 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ben L
    Hello all, first off I apologize if this post should not go here. I'm looking for help and this seemed like the best place to start.

I work for a company called DataOne Software. We compile a VIN database and collect as much data as we can. I'm currently working on making our entries for the F8 Spider and F8 Tributo and I'm hoping to find a lot of little details you can't find on major review sites. If anyone has access to an owners manual or even the emergency assistance manual and is willing to share that information I'd be grateful.

22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This car only has a handful of deliveries in the US at present and no F8 spider deliveries globally. I suggest you do some basic research to see if cars have even been delivered before asking the community for copies of their handbooks. Come back and ask the question when more deliveries have been made and your request maybe more successful

jm2 likes this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I don't know why, but I believe it takes an awful lot of guts for a first post of this nature.
    So you want to monetize someone else's purchase for your own gains? To what end? Maybe the intentions are good, but I'm skeptical.
    The internet...........whatever.

Cigarzman and PTG1 like this.
  24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

John , at least he didn’t ask for a free Hi Fi speaker for his 458.

OSUferrari, PhilNotHill and jm2 like this.
  25. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Cigarzman, stavura and jm2 like this.