1988 328 Items Needed | FerrariChat

1988 328 Items Needed

Discussion in '308/328' started by 328GTSinPA, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You are missing a pair of spark plugs, a spark plug socket, extension and ratchet and the bulb/fuse holder can be one of a few different containers.

3. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thanks, Rifledriver! I have the pair of spark plugs, belts, jack tools and battery removal strap....I just need what I listed above. I'd consider whatever bulb/fuse holder that is model correct.

4. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thanks, Mike! Sent the seller a PM.

miketuason likes this.
  5. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    I have an original 328 in door car cover if you are interested. Red, comes with a bag. Make me an offer.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

When you say discovered, you mean you never asked the seller or the seller lied and you never checked.

If they lied I would probably be seeking monetary help on getting the items, as everything your looking for has become quite pricey for what they are. Just saying. Good luck and don't rush the prices on these things vary from seller to seller.

Also if it was a dealer, please let us know so anyone buying from them is aware of their tactics.

7. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    One little lesson re this stuff...If you remove it from the car to "safeguard" it, don't forget where you put it!

My '89 328 had all the accessories when I purchased it. Other than the jack, I took them out of the car and stored them to be sure they were 'preserved'. I can't find them and have no idea where I put them. Interestingly the PO had them in the car, unused, where they had been since the car was new. IMO now, they are better off staying there! ;)

I'll find them eventually...I hope!

8. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thank you...but I DO have the car cover.

9. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Blame naïveté on my part. This was my first Ferrari and I bought it from a private seller. He did not drive the car much over the last 12 years of his ownership and never had need for the jack. He assumed it was in the jack roll but when I finally started to look through everything, I realized the jack was missing.

As far as the tool kit and emergency light again, I blame my lack of knowledge. I did not even know to ask those questions since I didn't even know those were items that belonged with the car. Dumb on my part...I know. I've owned/own Porsches all these years and I just wasn't smart enough to know what to look for as far as tools/accessories with the 328. I do have a beautiful car, though!!

Jasonious likes this.
  10. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Don't worry about it.

Frankly, though I have all the stuff..somewhere, I don't really understand the need to replace any of it if you don't have it. I didn't ask about it when I bought my '89 328 in '08, the owner volunteered the fact that all the tools/accessories were there. My reaction was..."Uh...OK, that's nice," but it had no influence on me. Heck, they're crappy tools anyway! And that 'trouble" light? It's more '"trouble" to use than it is "light." The jack is the only (relatively) useful OEM tool to have in the car, IMO.

Admittedly, if you are showing the car, I assume those tools/accessories are part of the judging process - I don't know that, never having shown a car. But if you are NOT showing at a judged event, I don't see any point in replacing cheap, poor quality stuff with what has become EXPENSIVE poor quality stuff. ;)

mixedgas and 328GTSinPA like this.
  11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Totally understandable. Just a car guy buying a terrific car. Now remember you can't drive it or it will plummet in value ;-)

The "Complete Ferrari Package" is one of those things which more than likely would become glaring if you decided to part with your car and did not have these items. It's one of those things which make a Ferrari owner "The Most .....ing Person in The World"

Enjoy the car and just take your time filling in the gaps. There are some accessories/parts folks out there who believe they are selling winning megamillions tickets.

328GTSinPA likes this.
  12. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Looks like I have an emergency light on the way.
    Still working on:

1. The jack itself (I have all other jack accessories, just need the jack itself)
    2. Tool kit (Although, I may be close to having one finalized in the next day or so.)
    3. Bulb/fuse case

Again, looking for model/year specific. correct and complete; does not have to be pristine. Would prefer to buy from another F-chatter.

See pics above for correct model/year items.

Thank you!
    David

13. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    328GTSinPA likes this.
  14. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thanks, Guido!

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They turn up.....FerrParts salvages cars they may well run across them too.

The car IS the main thing.
    Welcome

328GTSinPA likes this.
  16. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Thanks, Tex!

17. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    David
    Still need a tool kit? PM me and I will send some photos.

18. 328GTSinPA

328GTSinPA Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    PA
    Full Name:
    David Felker
    Ok, I. now have, or will have shortly, everything except the jack. So, looking for a 328 OEM jack in VG condition. I just need the jack itself, not the whole jack kit. If anyone has one, please let me know.

Thanks guys!!