Mondial expert needed, willing to travel! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial expert needed, willing to travel!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by simon birch, Dec 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Here the starter circuit as modified in my car:

Attached Files:

paulchua likes this.
  2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    .[​IMG]

Like on this picture, I did put an extra start relais hidden in the engine bay. Also I put a start buttom on the middle consol instead using the key starter.
    Be shure to use a good quality extra start relais.
    Guido

paulchua likes this.
  3. simon birch

simon birch Rookie

Dec 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    simon birch
    Yes. I'd be grateful for a coloured wiring diagram if you have it? [email protected]
    I got the info on the additional relay too thanks!
    I think the immobiliser is the issue and going to have a go at taking it out and have read a few threads about how to do that. Fingers crossed....
    Just working off the factory manual and black and white wiring diagrams is painful!
    Thanks so much for your insights and replies.

4. simon birch

simon birch Rookie

Dec 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    simon birch
    Yeh we are going to have a go at pulling out the immobiliser first. To upgrade the fusebox I have to send it overseas but am going to try to do the process of elimination route first. Long term I'll pull all the wiring and upgrade and ad relays and all that. But for now just trying to get it running again. Do let me know who your guy is asMuseketeer sadly couldn't work out what the issue was and gave up and sent the car back to me!

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If the immobiliser is the same as the one i used to have fitted, it will be connected to the fuel pump, ignition, starter.
    On mine you could see the wires going into and out off the module- each breaking one circuit. When it was reset then the circuits were re established . You can link the ends and bypass each circuit until you get the car to work..

6. HK Mondial

HK Mondial Karting

Mar 12, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    The first thing we did when I bought the car 20 years ago was to pull out the immobiliser .It took a while and had more wiring than you would've thought possible. I'm sure that it was the cause of a whole array of problems the car had when I bought it, even though it supposedly wasn't "working " when I got the car. As for the fuseboard, you don't have to send it anywhere .You can now buy complete new ones, I believe, from a couple of the guys on this forum (Guido ?) and have it fitted locally. (I'm about to do that for my 456M as it's starting to display intermittent gremlins that I suspect are all linked to it)

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Where was the immobilizer fitted ?

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I'm not supposed to answer here....was banned for this for 1 month answering in a public thread.
    Guido