What did you do to your Mondial today? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    How much extra lead did you have to put on the wheels with those new tires for balancing them ? I did this last year and there whas a lot of lead needed to get it right.
    Guido

2. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
  3. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    Guido, thats different per wheel. I have two wheels which needed 15-20 gram lead, one wheel approximately 80 gram an the last one over 100 gram lead. The best wheels I have mounted at the front. The worst rear right and the last wheel rear left. It is march, so when it is not raining I wil make the first drive of 2020.

4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Then you used 220 four times....I needed 2x 220 and 2x 240....so less choice where to put the worst ones.
    Guido

5. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    Drove again for the first time today. New tires are very nice. Softer and better handling. Been a good investment. Major maintenance has also paid off. Car runs very well

JLF and Allen S. like this.
  6. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #206 JLF, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    davem, Cafe racer, moysiuan and 6 others like this.
  7. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I got my Mondial with Ferrari 360 "Starfish" rims. They handled great, but the tires were way too fat for a Mondial, so steering was very very heavy.

I sourced original Mondial rims last year, and recently installed original size tires.

The steering is much, much easier. And the ride is much, much smoother. But, to be fair, with the skinnier tires, handling is not nearly as good.

Since I don't intend to do crazy driving in my Mondial, I am very happy with the results.

- Sam in Saratoga

JLF and Allen S. like this.
  8. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    That looks great. Nice Job. A lot of work, but honor of your work. Let the season start

JLF likes this.
  9. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    I went astray on a queste for parts and ended up in a 12.500 miles 348TB for sale. I did resist though.... (mainly to the price :) )

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JLF likes this.
  10. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    California is under a statewide "shelter in place" order which basically prohibits anyone from leaving home. However, there is an exception for essential activities. I had to deposit some money into the firm's bank account. That's clearly an "essential activity" ... after all, we have employees and payroll obligations. Know what I mean?

So.... guess which car I took for this essential activity? Yup! The Mondial.

I was going to "accidentally get lost" on the way back and head out to the coast, and then I saw ugly dark clouds. With the top down, I did not want to be caught in the rain, so I headed back home.

:(

- Sam in Saratoga
    PS: It's the first day of spring, which is the first day of the Persian New Year. Happy Persian New Year to all Persians, Kurds, Turks, Armenians, Afghans, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Parsis, and all the many other descendants of the Ancient Persian Empire, wherever you are! And to those fellow F-chatters whose ancestors were not subjects of the Persian Empire, Happy First day of Spring!

Incaico and Cafe racer like this.
  11. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
  12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Did the drivers side window motor grease and replaced the speaker. Unfortunately the window motor and gears had already had the Italian epoxy grease replaced so it looks like I need a new motor to speed it up.

Eddie.h likes this.
  13. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Hey there! Don't underestimate the benefits of the lift assists! I installed the v2 versions from Ricambi and they work really, really well. Neither of my windows even worked and now they are fantastic.

FYI I've been meaning to reach out to you to have you come up for a tune. I'm a lot more familiar with working on these now and have a bunch of tools that we can use to try and get it running great!

Eddie.h and 2cam like this.
  14. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    This is about all I can do. Just commune in my garage/man cave. Not an unpleasant way to spend lock down time in France. Stay safe everyone and some day we will be back on the roads.

Cafe racer, JLF, 2cam and 1 other person like this.
  15. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  16. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I ordered some Brad Penn oil and emailed SuperformanceUK to see if they’re shipping. If so I think I’ll do the shifter seals and gearshift bushing and adjustment. Trying to find an easy project for my isolation time. If they aren’t shipping maybe I’ll tackle the heater core r and r.

Albert Penello likes this.
  17. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Let me know how the shifter seals go! I have the parts and it's something on my list to tackle as well!

18. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I drove mine

DocBasilone likes this.
  19. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Nice road and sound, I need to learn to keep my 83 in the revs. Which exhaust?

I'm still getting to use to its handling as its way more tail happy in corners than my GTB was.
    May just need an alignment and the front end rebuilt as I've already done the rear.

Its warm enough in Connecticut for shorts?

20. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I wear shorts year round. lol

I think it is a stock exhaust tbh.

21. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Cold start before a drive...

22. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
  23. OpenAirFan

OpenAirFan Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Krefeld, Germany
    Today I drove the first time a little faster on the Autobahn as I realized that two of the Tenax buttons jumped out of their pins and the top cover became loose. The reason was, that from factory two of the pins where placed manually to close to the edge. Thus the Tenax button sits oblique. I just put a nut as spacer below each of the pins (see pictures) and now the Tenax button fits perfectly. Is there any other fix for that without drilling new holes into the body?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DocBasilone likes this.
  24. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
  25. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    No but I’ll bet a body shop has some sort of rubberized filler and could then paint it black.