Thoughts on this 360? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by sgtpeper, Feb 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  2. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Seems good by looking at the specs and pictures. Racing seats are a HUGE plus, stick shift also. Check when was the last belt change and clutch replacement done. Previous service records are essential to have. Make sure the red fob is present.

And lastly the best tip; get a PPI done in a reputable shop!

Robb likes this.
  3. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Silver, no shields, 31,000 miles, and they want $98k.... probably going to be for sale for a while.

jehu999 and killer58 like this.
  4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Robb likes this.
  5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Carbon fiber sport Seats are absolutely worth the premium. Just find out the size through a build sheet / window sticker, or the sticker on the bottom. You may not fit depending on their size and your size.

Check maintenance records history. Check stickies, dash shrinkage, floor mats are not original.

check door locks and door cables which suck. If they have never been replaced, you will be doing that. Keys and fobs...

silver is a good looking color for the lines on the car especially if you live in an overcast area...

too bad it does not have the shields which are also desired.

Robb

6. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Good points sir. Actually there are some people who like the clean look with no shields. Adding them afterwards as stickers is not a good idea. Looks fake.

EastMemphis likes this.
  7. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I seem to remember 2000s being less desirable than later years? Is there anything to that?

8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    A "B" in the VIN says to me it's a Euro car. IMO, that's a real deal breaker. For others, no big deal.
    Most take a hit on the Euro cars when it comes to resale. The price should be reflective of that. At essentially $98K, for me it doesn't reflect that fact. Also as others have stated, and I agree, nearly 31K miles is not a whole lot, but for that price I'm expecting to see more like 18K 20K miles-- with impeccable records and a US version car.
    For comparison: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d437&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=32907&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefined&sortDirection=undefined#listing=223515229

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I have only one comment about the ad, how many thousand pictures are enough in an ad?
    As for the car, $98K is way over price for that 360, even with a 6 speed. If this is your only Ferrari in the garage, get a red one.

10. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    I completely missed that it has a B in the vin. Euro cars cannot be registered in California. Don’t care? You will, or whoever you leave it to will.

JRE and KC360 FL like this.
  11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If this is indeed a Euro model, then the price is ridiculously high. Pass unless they are able to knock $20k off the price.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  12. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    As mentioned, gated manual and sport seats.... wow!!! Especially if the PPI checks out. Very fair price at which you can negotiate for a better deal.

13. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just back from driving. Its the first 360 I've driven and I REALLY enjoyed it! It wasn't as stiff as the f430 6mt I drove recently - which I like. The clutch wasn't as awful as the 550 and 348 I drove - which is great.

The sport seats are insanely comfortable I have to say - I'm 5'5 and 130lbs so they fit me well. The tubi exhaust was perfect for the car as well. I liked it better than the capristo exhaust on the f430 I drove as it didn't really drone and wasn't tinny.

A few questions:
    1. It is a Euro car that was delivered in Europe. It's was imported properly to this country. The owner bought it in Europe purposely to get these seats and the challenge grill they said. So, it's gone through the full conversion to be US legal. Does that still make it hard to resell?
    2. The interior was a bit...buzzy? Is that normal?
    3. My 996 Turbo is a hardtop but ever since I sold my '74 Alfa Spider, I miss having a convertible. Is a convertible a big ding in the Ferrari community these days? It definitely is in the Porsche community.

Thanks for the help. I think this has me sold on at least the idea of moving on from my 996 Turbo X50 6mt for a 360 6mt....

14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    If a spider is what you are looking for, I know of a 2003 360 Spider F1 that is for sale. Fresh major service. everything works, and fairly low mileage. California car.

JRE likes this.
  15. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would only want a 6mt. Thanks though.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  16. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I’m skeptical of the notion that the PO bought a Euro car to get the Challenge grill and sport seats, both of which were US options. Roll bar, on the other hand, was not.

17. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The carfax actually shows it was imported when basically new by the original owner - who did order it with everything on it currently except the tubi exhaust.

18. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    If you live in California, you should consider passing on this car. Life is too short to buy into smog problems with a car.

19. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm in Denver. But I do worry about resale because of this.

JRE likes this.
  20. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Now you have driven a 6MT 360 and you know you want one. I seriously recommend sticking to coupes, as they are the purists choice as a drivers car.

And consider buying a car that has fender shields and red exterior. A good start into the hobby would be a safe bet with red. Resale red as they say... you can easily swap it or sell it later down the road if it has desirable color and options.

And let me say that wow, you've been a member for a loooong time :eek:

21. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Car seems very expensive specially being a euro car. Glad you drove it, now you know that you want a 360. If you like convertibles then get a convertible, they are great.

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's going to sit a while at that price.

23. Blue360

Blue360 Rookie

Jan 31, 2010
    Newport Beach
    Use the loan calculator in the ad, its only $400 a month on a 40 year loan :)

JRE and Dewinator like this.
  24. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I may well be moving my 360 on later this year....
    Although I live in the UK, the car is LHD and was originally delivered to Japan (has a J in the VIN #)

I know there's an issue with Euro spec in CA specifically, does the same apply to Japanese cars (I'm trying to work out the potential market to advertise the sale in)

25. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Another data point for review.
    Live in the Peoples Republic of MA. Not as strict as CA.
    Over the years:
    EU 1975 930
    EU 1985 930 Flachbau
    EU 308
    EU TR
    Never had an issue insuring or registering in MA. RMV will reject EU VIN. Local Police Officer signs a document stating VIN is correct. RMV accepts.
    In MA vehicles <2005 are not OBD tested. Safety inspection only.
    Never had an issue when I sold.
    Problem. As others have observed, Largest market for Ferraris is CA I assume. Large block of potential buyers are excluded.
    Personally I love the color. But then my 360 spider is Titanium. Owned several Ferraris over the years, Red or Black. Wanted anything but!

JRE likes this.