C8 CORVETTE | Page 4 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    agree, but I think a lot of people of course want the full 'potential' of performance. That thing got a Hemi? Do you have the Z51 package?
    So, you can go from $60k base (hah) to nearly $90k! That's a 50% jump! That's enough to make a Porsche or Ferrari dealer proud.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Average ordering price right now is $85k. But these are the hard core. Later as they become another bucket list car you’ll see the options drop and the price come down.

3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    MagnRide key for comfort so need it if bad roads

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Surprised evo liked it. Sutcliff is excellent journo too

boxerman likes this.
  6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    He really liked it, and Brit mags are going to be more objective than the home team.

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Thinking Jeremy Clarkson who hates all things American. Cannot imagine he will have anything good to say. Come to think of it, does Sutcliff ever have negative opinions? Or is he more corporate shill?

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Well one is buying a performance car that's why z51 dct and magride exist. Each drops a second or more off your laptime. The vette is a special car for Americans. It is the only american car i have seen with an adjustable suspension stock like your ferrari. That is huge in a performance car. The mustang chassis for example is an exercise in how cheap can we make it?

LARRYH likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Since Gm not an advertsier there, hes unlikely to be a shill.
    Lets see how the long term and real track tests play out.

Its still ver1.0, seems like the potential is there, thats a good sign..

95spiderman likes this.
  10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Top Gear has been pretty good to the last couple generations of Corvette.

Clarkson says the C6 Z06 is an “astonishing car”.

Hammond reviews it. At the end after the lap a scene I believe is cut off where Clarkson compliments the car.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes I remember Hammond liking it. C8 v 718gts will be epic

12. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm confused by that comment...? magnaride like GM cars and standard in cadilacs (its first use)?

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    MagnRide on vette helps performance and comfort. 2 for price one. Does ferrari use it too?

14. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Magride is a form of computer instantly adustable shocks. In the mustang pp2 with magride it is a full second faster than pp1 for about the cost of a set of race tires

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    yes the f-cars do amd I believe its licensed from GM..
    Ride and handling are always function of total suspension movement, shocks and springs(in harmony). You can alter some things with shocks alone, but its always a compromise because you cant alter spring rates too. A stiff spring and soft shock leads to a bouncy pogo feeling on some surfaces and soft springs and shocks a floaty car, while stiff shocks and soft springs can make ride brittle and on the limit handlign very unpredicatble. So there is a balance between shocks and springs, electronicaly adjustable shocks that seek to attain good ride can stiffen for "handling" ride but ride/handling can become brittle lack compliance and tend towards unpredicatble at the limit.

Theres also issues like compression and rebound. which will require compromise an electronic shock.. So eyes elctroic shocks alter bandwidth but theres a cost. You can make a stiff spring and fake a degree of softeness with the e-shock or you can have a softer spring and "improve" handling by stiffening with the cost of lack of compliance and unpredicatbility at the limit. Or you have the right spring and expand the bandwidth on either end a bit with the e-shock

On a Caddillac you can make the shocks really soft for the straight ahead and then stiffen them so it does not fall on its doors on corners.

IMO the ultimate handling vette wouldnt really have e-adjustable shocks, it might have some great Ohlins TTX shocks which due to their quality give you all the benefits of a decent ride compliance with a stiff spring, but theyre 10k and while the ride can have good road compliance its stiff which wouldnt work for many hence the electronicaly adjustable shocks with "relatively" softer springs on the z51. Interesting to see what they do with the z06.

AREDSTALLION likes this.
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Pretty good MotorTrend vid (short and sweet) with performance #'s and impressions.

17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Check out some aftermarket wheels on the C8 - 21" rear, 20" front (borrowed wheels for now, off a C7 Z06, fronts have wrong offset, stick out)
    Jump to 22:20

CK7684 likes this.
  18. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Ok, I apologize to all. I should have never commented until I saw the car in person...... WOW!!!!! Absolutely incredible. Amelia Island concourse de elegance several on display,,,,,absolutely amazing!! For those of you who are awaiting delivery. Big congrats!!! You are winning on all accounts. I’m getting in line. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki, LARRYH, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  19. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Maybe if the Stockmarket dumps more the C8 sales will fall and the early adopter gouging will go away.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Coming in June or July. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

randkin, LARRYH, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  21. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Also like Zeus brown, really want to make this color work without it looking too fussy duddy. Think vert with black top and nacelles, accents body color. Thought?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

randkin, TheMayor, BJK and 2 others like this.
  22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I had a marrone Dino Ferrari 308 GTS and drive a bronze f150 King Ranch. This color family is very nice to live with, and yet different.
    Considering they sell 2MM f150s a year I think it funny i get compliments on my 9 year old truck from the color.
    -Back on topic I for one like the black accents as opposed to body color. Would also go for the bronze wheels and black stripes. C8 Zeus bronze will be the color I seek out if I can ever swing another car. (I think its a Cadillac color.)

of2worlds likes this.
  23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Had brown panamera and loved it. Go for it