Aftermarket HGTS? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Aftermarket HGTS?

Discussion in '612/599' started by 360Marnix, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    There's H&R front and rear option as well. What would be best? HGTE (is it only rear?) or H&R f/r or only rear?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rear only will give you less understeer. If too much oversteer, add the front bar. Largely trial and error.

3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I think I would like to track down the thicker rear roll bar for my 599. It's an '07 standard set-up. It definitely suffers from understeer especially on off-camber turns. Seems to want to plow the fields off the road....lol.

4. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I am not sure of a thicker anti roll-bar excist for the 599. The website of eurospares.co.uk will tell you more.

5. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    H&R has 25mm and I will at least change rear due to many comments on oversteer. Set comes with front so not sure if I will apply.

6. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hi guys,

I would like to briefly pick up the discussion on the ECU change for the suspension and the gearbox again. I have a 2005 non-HGT and would really be interested in replacing these if feasible. I understand that it is important whether the car has the 7.1.1. or 7.3.2 ECU for the different Motronic systems would not compatible.

Question is: how can I find out which version I exactly have? Can I check in the car? Where are the ECUs installed? Or can I check somewhere online via e.g. the VIN code? Unfortunately I don't have the original CD.

Any feedback welcome. Thanks.

7. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The change was at about Chassis.nr. 157xxx, mid/end of 2007

Daniel

8. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Ok, my car should have the earlier ECU then. So does that now mean that I would need to change to the ECU(s) from the HGTS package or that it is not compatible at all to replace?

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- That was true for the 599, SN 156938, but it looks like the 612 got 7.3.2 much earlier since I have Monroneys (window stickers) showing 7.3.2 on very early 2005 612s. This one is from August 2004. So a lot of my earlier hand wringing may have been overkill.

It looks like only very early 612s had 7.1.1.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Mine was first registered in March 2005 so perhaps indeed one of the earlier ones?

11. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Oh, i thought theme is about the 599.
    Didin't saw that it's about the 612.

Sorry, Daniel

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dennis- Post the serial number and I can probably tell you when she was manufactured within a month or so.

13. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The VIN is ZFFAY54B000139167.
    Thanks.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    She was built in November 2004 and should have 7.3.2.

15. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Terry, thanks for clarifying. How would I proceed now? Check if my dealer can order an equivalent HGT counterpart of the 7.3.2 ECU version for the suspension and gearshift?

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dennis- Affirmative, they would be the ones with the parts catalogs on MODIS for the HGTS/HGTC versions.

17. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Thanks - I will keep you posted.

18. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Hi all,

I sold my 612, without the thicker anti-rollbar and without the sportexhaust. I offer it for sale.

The thicker anti-rollbar was mounted for 19 months and 3500 kilometers. So still in new condition. I was the last one available on the planet.

I drove the car again with the standard anti-rollbar, the difference in handling is enormous.

The sportsexhaust was mounted 2,5 years and 7000 kilometers. In excellent condition with a fantastic sound. With the valves closed it is quiet, but sound much better as the standard factory exhaust.

With the valves open it is fabulous.

PM me if someone is interested.
    I have some short movies to hear the sound.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn J9210 met Tapatalk

19. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    360 Marnix, why did you sell your 612? I remember how excited you were when you picked it up in Germany. What’s the story?

20. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    There were 2 attemps to actually steel the car from my garage.
    The unsafe feeling that those attemps gave me, are the reason I decided to sell it. Sad but true.

In three years I had a great time with superior memories. Lucky enough memories are forever.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That is pretty amazing. The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration database shows exactly zero thefts of US 612s from 2005 onwards and most Ferraris have very, very low theft rates. Wonder why the difference in Europe?

22. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    I am so sorry to hear this! As you said, memories are precious and can’t be taken from you. I hope it won’t be too long before you are back in a Ferrari... once you find a secret location to park your cars!

360Marnix likes this.
  23. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    The anti-rollbar is sold. A 2005 612 will cut corners way better in a short time!

brogenville likes this.
  24. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    And the custom made exhaust will play fantastic V12 music in the mountains of switserland aswell.

I consider the sell of my 6 piece luggage set. Coloured in Sabbia & Carta da zucherro. (Sand with classic blue) Complete and as far as I know never been used.

If someone is interested please send me a PM.

25. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hi all,

As I am about to sell my Scaglietti, I will give away certain parts I had installed during my ownership – in fact the pieces I had previously taken over from 360Marnix as per above:
    • an original, thicker anti-rollbar from the HGT model
    • an HGT-style sports exhaust with valves (remote controllable)
    The anti-rollbar was installed for approximately 6000km and is still in very good condition. It definitely improves the handling and was very hard to locate (none available at Ferrari at the time – thanks Marnix).

The sports exhaust was installed for around 9500km and is also in great condition. The sound at open valves is simply amazing :) With the valves closed it is rather modest, but still more sonorous and better sounding as the standard factory (non-HGT) exhaust. Plus, it is much lighter, even though perhaps of lower relevance for a Scaglietti ;-)

Please contact me via PM if interested. Happy to share pictures and sound files on request.

Best, Dennis

Makuono and Connor-d21 like this.