Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by FFantastic, Feb 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    As an aside , green lobby groups have managed to get the courts to overturn the building of a third runway at London Heathrow.
    The judge said the runway was inconsistent with the UK’s commitment to zero carbon emissions.
    Clearly any attempt to overturn the ICE ban would be defeated in the courts on similar grounds.

So due to the CONSERVATIVE government’s adoption of a frankly stupid zero carbon target and its declaration that the country is in a ‘climate emergency”; the law is on the side of the green lobby.

The self flagellating guilt of The West will be it’s downfall?

Makuono, FFantastic and Bundy like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    No one will protest in the streets that they didn't build another runway. But they will when their cars are made worthless. Most people can't afford it. It will make France seem like the warm up to the warm up.

Makuono and Bundy like this.
  3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    One certainly wouldn’t invent our very stupid economic and societal system if we started again, going to be hard turning all the vested interests. Ignoring climate change and deniers, am not clever enough to know what’s right, we definitely need to clean up[ our act and use resources carefully and cleanly.

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Greta is today rebel rousing in Bristol. The first city to publish a soon to be law ban all diesels from the city with petrol vehicles soon to follow. The ultra green mayor has invited Greta to wind up the kids at a mass rally. The police have put out a public notice that they cannot guarantee anyones safety owing to the expected numbers going to Bristol from all over the country.

Where will it all end????

Bundy likes this.
  5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    My question will be: If one bans all (petrol/diesel) cars, who will be visiting the city?

Oslo in Norway have done something like this by using tolls to prevent cars, of what-ever-version, to not be able to get into the city center. Result is that less people are in the city....

Will the city centers be crowded by cyclists only or? You simply can not blame e-commerce for the lack of people in the city's and stores going broke - that is a bit to simple. I think it is more the other way: Why spend time to get into city center when I can order from e-commerce sites instead - I as a car owner is not welcome anyway....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Well, the Greta rally was a damp squib, literally as it was pouring with rain. poor things.

Still it didn't stop the A320 Airbus landing at Bristol.................

7. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Poor things were probably blaming the acid rain on global warming and forgot their raincoats and umbrellas are made from oil products

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry I subscribe your prediction for 2032 and to corroborate it I post a graph below showing the evolution of the ICE thermal efficiency through time. The ICE never stopped improving its efficiency and the latest developments are very promissory for delivering until 2025 a production-ready gasoline engine that approaches 50% thermal efficiency. Some premonitions that stated that ICE where condemned and in a decade would disappear and everything would turn electric powered, have shown to be very wrong. There is still a long way to go but if the ICE efficiency has been improved almost 25% during the last two decades one day, eventually, it will approach the efficiency of electric motors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    That is interesting Mario. Also, what happens if a synthetic petrol substitute is developed which produces no harmful emissions? "They" (the science and smart people) are working on that right now.

10. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry, if a non harmful emissions synthetic petrol is developed like you suggest, at a viable cost, and combined with the more efficiency ICE of the future, then the paradigm shift to electric cars becomes a fallacy.

12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Trouble is...
    If they are banning the sale of ICE after 2035, why spend any money on engine development?

13. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    It takes a lot of electricity to produce synthetic fuels. However the huge advantage this electricity doesn't need to be available locally. That means synthetic fuels can be produced anywhere in the world you just need a global production and sourcing strategy. If the aspect of local availability of renewable energy doesn`t matter anymore it the energy can be classified as an unlimited resource. Therefore the amount of energy which is used to produce the synthetic fuel really is not of any interest anymore.

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    A ban on fossil-fuelled cars is now on the EU agenda. The debate followed a proposal by Denmark that EU members should be free to ban sales of oil-fuelled cars from 2030 or else have an EU-wide strategy to phase out such fossil-run cars. Nothing has been decided yet but there is a strong possibility that Denmark's fundamentalist proposal will only be accepted by some EU members. Now there are 10 countries that supported the idea but the other 17 still have a word to say.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It'll be interesting to see.
    Yet another attempt at environmental lunacy from our toss-pot government.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bundy and MDEL like this.
  16. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
  17. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera

Attached Files:

Bundy likes this.
  18. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Sorry for the repeat.

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    She makes some valid points, but she is obnoxious and an exaggerator. She is also a hypocrite, who commissioned a million Euro carbon fibre boat to cross the Atlantic, an act that inflicted a huge environmental impact. In other words, a spoiled, rich brat...

20. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    What valid points?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The climate change is a real thing.

22. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Well that’s rich. If I tell the world there are four seasons I wonder if Time magazine will give me Person if the Year

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    She is championing for the climate, which is indeed in danger. Withing that context she makes some valid points. She is hypocritical and self-centred, but she is not wrong about everything she says.