Newbie looking at a 2012 FF HELP! | FerrariChat

Newbie looking at a 2012 FF HELP!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bradley123, Feb 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley123

Bradley123 Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Oakland
    Full Name:
    Brad Kansas Long
    Any info is appreciated One for sale in Oakland
    Bradley

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Link please.

3. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    I assume he is looking at this one - seems to be the only 2012 in Oakland:
    https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/ZFF73SKA8C0183614

Personally - I wouldn't get it without paying the local Ferrari dealer to do a PPI. Also I would want the warranty the first year from the Ferrari dealer. My car around the same mileage blew its PTU 2 months after buying it. Luckily I had the warranty.

The buttons on the HVAC controls get sticky - would be good to have that fixed/replaced/addressed.

Check the tires - if it has original tires they might be 8 years old and need to be replaced.

I wouldn't want one without the panoramic roof, that is just me. I also really like having the carbon fiber steering wheel + leds which this one does not have. Otherwise its up to you if you like the color of the wheels (can always change that easily). The color combo is nice otherwise.

4. Bradley123

Bradley123 Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Oakland
    Full Name:
    Brad Kansas Long
    Hi yes. that one. THE PRICE, is pretty good, I went and saw it. Never thought about that model before, but I had something really going on. I don't think there is a warranty, on top of that, no real hard service records other than carfax....I am hoping someone will recognize it here and info will be posted.. I wonder what Ferrari charges for a PPL
    Bradley

5. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    The FF is a great car. Just got mine in Nov 2019. I needed something that was more of a family car and this works perfectly. Big enough back seat for my little ones and fits everything we need from Costco each week. That being said the one you are looking at is the cheapest in the country. If you like the model then take a look at others around the country online and decide which one you might like best.

6. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I’ve never seen a FF with no options, but this looks pretty close to that! All kidding aside, the FF is a great car and you can’t complain about the price. And carbon fiber, painted brakes, etc don’t make the car drive any better anyways.

Ferrari dealerships won’t do PPI from what I understand but definitely get an Indy or someone to look at it. Put it on a lift, see if all the bolts that hold the under cover are there, engine looks clean (ie no fluids spilled all over the place) etc.

However if you want to get an extended warranty from Ferrari (highly recommended) then I’ve heard you need to take it to a Ferrari dealership to do an inspection to see if it qualifies for an extended warranty, and I’ve heard that inspection is around $1k.

I’m assuming that a ferrari dealer can look up the vin to see its service record (if it was serviced at Ferrari dealer) as these cars came with 7 years free maintenance.

If the car throws some warning lights but seems to drive fine, it could be as simple as replacing the battery and you’ve got a great car.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Inspection/PPI - same thing :) My understanding was that the cost was lower - each dealership sets their own price.

8. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I purchased my 2012 FF last May and have put 7k miles on it. I purchased from a private party. He took it to a Ferrari dealer that did the last service it was due. I paid $5700 for extended warranty with inspection. I didn't do a PPI because I presumed Ferrari wouldn't sell a warranty if car wasn't good. In December the seal in intermediate part of transmission was covered under warranty ($15k). I use this car as a daily driver and love it. My car had an Msrp of $373k. I paid $120k with warranty and 28k miles

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bradley123 likes this.