Building up Shelby library offering fine art prints in trade | FerrariChat

Building up Shelby library offering fine art prints in trade

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Feb 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Please allow me to introduce myself.
    While off researching other marques, my Shelby library dissipated.
    Now I' like to build up a ref. library of the magaines

MARQUE
    Shelby American

both published by SAAC. But not pristine copies, rather instead dog eared ones you bought as part of a collection. I only need them for fact checking.

About pictures, the only ones I need are glossies or color slides of
    -Shelbys small block Cobra with sidedraft Webers
    -Shelby Trans Am Mustangs shot before 1970
    -Shelby team in Europe in pits with cars (similar to painting shown here)
    -small block Cobra with 390 driven by Miles
    -King Cobras shot back in the day

My trading material consists of fine art prints of my own paintings. I have a stack of 11" x 17" prints of my paintings of 289 and 427 Cobras and two portraits of Shelby and two of GT40s. These have sold signed for $75 maximum. I do not have a website.

I also have a leather bomber jacket, sized L (fits me, I am size 42 long), with one of my paintings printed on cloth and hand sewn on the back, of 289 race Cobra with Bondurant at the wheel and Agaipiou and Remington talking to him that I value that at $250. I can get the same cloth print of my painting put on XL brown or black jacket if that's your size. I also have another cloth print of my Cobra Daytona painting, two cars in one image, rear 3l4 view inspired by photo taken in Europe in '64. I was going to do the jackets in denim but denim has a price ceiling. Leather, as you can see by Ralph Lauren's prices, does not. Ironically Charlie himself bought the first denim one.
    . Let me know what you want prints you want.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Here's some of my shots taken in 1967 at a race won by Dan Gurney in a Team Cougar. He beat his teammate, Parnelli Jones, by the closest margin in Trans Am history. Use what you like.

I was there with my next door neighbor, who was in advertising, and handled Amalie PRO Racing Oil. Their main mustang was being driven by Freddie Van Buren from Mexico. I got to visit with Gurney as he was sitting in the back of a Lincoln Town car, with his foot propped against the open door. When I asked him how to get started in racing, he said to start with go karts. He was my car hero from then on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Bitzman, I've messaged you regarding your prints.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Sorry LBBP I had so many messages they erased them, You can reach me at mendoart7@gmail,com
    About the black and white, Once I loved b & w but now I was seduced by color and it's hard to appreciate b & w now,