ECU test on a Mondial T ? | FerrariChat

ECU test on a Mondial T ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by brovreizh, Feb 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Hello,

This is my first post so please forgive me if I've missed a rule or similar. I've recently bought an mondial T which has to be reviewed before taking the road again since it stayed in place for a couple of years. I would like to test the ECU but I can not find this (ferrari ?) tool:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Does anyone know where I can buy it or if there's a similar tool I can use for doing my ECU testing ? Note: I have a E.U. version so no way for checking using light & button.
    Thanks.

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    That tool is only for checking sensors and wiring. It is a Ferrari factory tool and you are not likely to find one. I don't think you need it either. You can test wiring and sensors other ways.
    What exactly is the issue you are trying to resolve? Does it have a Check Engine Light?
    Does it run? If so, how well does it run?

tbakowsky likes this.
  3. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Hello, thanks for your reply. That's what I want to do: "check sensors and check that the wiring is correct" since the current wiring is sometime suspiscious. It will also probably help to detect ground fault. I thought that using this tool would be quicker than checking everything splitted everywhere around the motor.
    My first goal is to check electrical wiring, sensors before starting the motor.
    No it does not have any check engine light. I did not start the car since I'm currently trying to fix the starter which does not behave properly.

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I see. You are correct in thinking it will be faster, unless you factor in the time it takes to find that tool.
    Pull the plugs, get the starter working, spin it over and get oil pressure. If it has fuel and spark, fire it off and see what it does.
    You may end up putting a fuel pump in it, but see if it runs first.

5. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Ok, I'll do that :)