New member, feels like I'm cheating... | FerrariChat

New member, feels like I'm cheating...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PCarRI, Feb 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Hey all. New member here, longtime car enthusiast (owned 40 cars in the last 20 years) and a Porsche fanatic, 18 of those 40 being Porsches. Hail from the snowy Northeast of the USA (RI specifically). Longtime Ferrari lurker, first time poster.

Long story short on the reason for finally registering, I turn 40 this year and was going to treat myself to a GT2/3, but my fellow petrol head buddies of mine have determined that I need to broaden my horizons into an Italian flavor, at least one time in my life. I've been a longtime 911 diehard, but will admit the Italian looks of Ferrari and Lamborghini (can I even say that on this forum ;)) are something to behold. Plus, a 911 is a 911, unless you're "in the know" the base Carrera looks pretty much like the top end Turbo S. Even the Maserati GT looks and sounds fantastic (since it's the only model FCA hasn't f*cked up... yet).

So while on my annual vacation in FL, which I'm still on, I happened by a Lamborghini dealer in Orlando who had a multitude of different brands. The Lambo was an immediate no, my eyeline even with the top down was even with the top of the windshield, and being 6', 230#, just wasn't comfortable. The next car I sat in was a 458 spider, which honestly fit like a glove. Instantly loved the feel and the sound. Didn't ask to take it out as I could tell the sales person was a bit dejected that I didn't like the Lambo, but can't imagine it drives horrible. So made the determination that I'm going to give the prancing horse a chance. In FL for another week so will prob drag "She Who Must Be Obeyed" to a couple dealers, see a F430 spider and 599 GTB in West Palm so will take a ride down there to compare all.

Will be posting in the general forum some of the models I'm looking at and tips I'm looking for (for God's sake, I know about the search button, but what fun is it to do that and not have a virtual conversation), but just wanted to give a general "hello"!

lee-o likes this.
  2. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Welcome - enjoy the search. The journey makes it all the more worthwhile. Every model is great in its own way. And there are a few that fit tall guys quite well. (I'm 6'4", have a 612 Scaglietti, after getting tired of pulling a Houdini every time I drove my old 360).