Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 131 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, he's had hard career and nothing left to gain I think. :)

Other than some permanent head injuries. :eek:

2. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Anyone watch the ass whopping today? :D

Tyson Fury VS Deontay Wilder II? :D

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ya. Wilder has no legs and all upper body mass and with only one move (right hand). It was bound to catch up to him.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Master class offensive effort by Fury. The Gypsy King has reclaimed his throne. Dream of Joshua vs Fury maybe one day.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Fury said not long after the fight if Wilder turns down part 3 he will then try to go after Joshua. Hope it happens too.

TestShoot likes this.
  6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yeah, it made me think of Ricky Hatton, once you figured out what to avoid, the whole strategy falls apart.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    It's all about following a perfect game plan executed by a good coach. Genius!
    I guess you can give SugarHill a lot of the credit? Yes?

TestShoot likes this.
  8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, if Wilder actually had some boxing skill with that power.......................he would probably greatest heavyweight of all time. :)

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    He did it easy man, he said he was going to do it and he did it.

Wilder is a one trick pony, if you get on top of him like Fury did from the start of the match, he had no chance!

Sounds like we will see Wilder VS Fury III, which will be a waste of time as it will be a repeat of Saturdays beat down.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yep III is confirmed. https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28775487/deontay-wilder-confirms-third-tyson-fury-fight-says-40-pound-costume-wore-legs

LOL @ him saying 40lb costume wore down his legs. What an excuse. He doesn't have legs though so they would wear down no matter what he wore. Tree trunk legs are hard to take down. He's gotta work on that.

It's just a money grab for both parties.

ag512bbi likes this.
  11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, I watched an interview around a month ago where Fury said he has 3 fights left before he retires.

Fury said he will beat Wilder in Wilder VS Fury II and take his WBC title (which he did), he said no doubt Wilder will want the rematch 'trilogy' fight (sounds like he does) and when he beats Wilder for a 3rd time (Fury won the first fight) he said he will fight and beat AJ and then retire the undefeated, undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

If that pans out for Fury, he will definitely be the greatest heavyweight in the history of the sport.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    You definitely have to give Sugar and the boys at Kronks gym some credit for getting Fury over the line to beat Wilder.

But I think Fury already knew what he had to do to beat Wilder, he had to pack some beef on and learn how to punch hard because he was going for the KO win.

He already knew that which is why he dropped his trainer Ben Davison to start training at Kronks gym.

We all know Fury won that first fight via UD and Davison wanted Fury to repeat that performance and win it easily again. *Hoping the judges didn't call it a draw the second time**

But Fury knows it's "Vegas" and couldn't let it go to the scorecards again like in the first fight as he may have been robbed again.

Which is why he switched training camps and to learn how to punch hard and punch hard he did lol.

And Fury actually isn't a very good finisher. Took him ages to finish Wilder off as he missed a lot of punches and looked a little sloppy when he should have got the job done.

Someone like Joshua is a very good finisher and would have finished Wilder off sooner than Fury did I reckon.

ag512bbi likes this.
  13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, wow!! I don't think that ridiculous costume had anything to do with it Mr Wilder. ;)

I watched the entire card, when Wilder was in the dressing room he was pacing up and down hours before the fight while Fury was relaxing on the couch and waving at the cameras smiling. (In between doing a stupid little dance)

Wilder lost that fight before it even started. I told my friend that I watched the fight with, Wilder must have walked 10 miles before the fight pacing up and down the dressing room the way he did.

He burnt himself out physically and mentally pacing up and down the dressing room before the fight started. He looked focused, but you could tell he was concerned.

Definitely a money grab for the promoters involved, I don't think Wilder or Fury are doing it for the money at this point in time.

Wilder wants his belt back.

Fury is doing it because he has to as part of the rematch clause.

I reckon Fury would rather fight and beat AJ next so he can retire on top.

I'd rather see Fury VS Joshua next.

Wilder needs to go and take a few easy fights, learn how to box and come back after Fury is gone to fight again for all those belts that will become vacated after Fury beats AJ and retires lol.

14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Wilder’s Achilles heel if you will is his leg strength or lack thereof. No lower body development with reliance entirely on his upper body and right arm. Wilder’s conditioning for this fight was way off and Fury was so on his game he handled him easily imo. Kudos to Tyson.

PAP 348 likes this.
  15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Agreed

Agreed. Also that full face mask with the red lights had to be suffocating. The Bronze Bomber looked like a dumba-- wearing that costume. Loved the Gypsing King on the motorized throne coming out to "Crazy" by Patsy Cline. Fury will beat Wilder in the trilogy fight as Wilder is a one trick pony and against him the best defense is a strong offense as Fury demonstrated. Hard to get off the big right hand when Wilder is on his heels and covering up.

ag512bbi likes this.
  18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Spot on buddy! :)

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Seemed a given Wilder would exercise the trilogy rematch clause. Unless his boxing acumen improves by light years in 4 months, I can't see him getting past Fury. Even in the 1st fight, Fury outboxed Wilder for long stretches and is a far superior striker. With the added weight and more aggressive offensive output, Fury overwhelms Wilder.

Like I said, hard to get off a knockout right when you're on your heels the entire fight.

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Ok, this is my take on this situation Tyson Fury is in.........

Tyson Fury was banned for 2 years back in 2015, *possibly* after the Klitschko fight for taking the steroid Nandrolone. He and his cousin Hughie Fury were both found guilty and handed 2 year bans.

He gets a two year ban, claims he took time out of the ring for mental health issues, comes back again in 2018 after his two year ban ("mental health issues") and fights some nobody in the UK.

Did he really take time out for mental health issues?

Did he really take steroids?

Did he really take contaminated supplements or eat uncastrated wild boar that was obviously full of Nandrolone?

Crazy allegations made against him........

http://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/tyson-furys-boxing-future-in-jeopardy-over-wild-boar-drug-test-claims/news-story/3961592adcd9241f656dad8f76128664

23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    OK, I'm bored.

On TALENT ALONE, who takes it:
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Roy Jones Jr.
    Floyd Mayweather