F355 Market | Page 144 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    The carfax on my car has an odometer issue. It spent time in Canada and they wrote the miles down as KM one year, then back to miles the next. Threw me for a loop when I first saw it. Also, Carfax doesnt show accidents unless a report is filed. The wife backs into the 355 and you pay the bodyshop cash to fix it, that doesn't show up. The Carfax is just one piece of the puzzle to help you pull the wallet out....or push it back in!

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  3. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
  4. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've also personally seen a car has a clean carfax, but months after the purchase an accident gets reported that may have happened months before the purchase.
    It's happened to me twice, friends and family several times as well.
    I have a hunch there is some shady buisness between Carfax and some dealers.
    I always run a Carfax and AutoCheck, but don't put much faith in them. I always fully inspect the car my self

phrogs likes this.
  5. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Now that you mention that......I think that happened to my niece buying her first car (used)! My brother, an attorney, contacted the dealer and I think they worked some compensation out. Fishy, to say the least.

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I have had them fix a bogus mileage descrepancy that was a km vs miles issue.

Took some emails but if you have documentation give it a shot.

7. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Yes I would agree, just didn't see the Stack of Receipts mentioned & for that car he was asking about was really trying to point out the history of service seems up in the air... I would personally PPI usually, but I didn't PPI my 355 because it came with........ you guessed it, a stack of receipts. I even bought mine with a CEL, but i read the codes & knew they all related to the Tubi + Hyperflows, I have since solved all those codes.

8. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Given how easy it is to fake the mileage on a vintage Ferrari - even on the actual odometer - Carfax is just a step above "pointless". Beyond that - if you believe every dealership or DMV employee types the shown odometer mileage on the repair/report ticket every single time - you're in for an awakening. I was working on a car yesterday that had odo mileage 3500K greater than what was typed on the work order (meter said 9550, r/o said 6000).

emac and eyeman1234 like this.
  9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    There is a 95 B in classifieds currently for 58k, have prices dropped that much? Even with it needing a service that seems like a screaming deal.

10. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    This one? Possibly the mileage. But if the chassis is good and interior is decent, It would be a good deal for someone that wants a driving fixer. Considering also it’s a desirable year, color combo and transmission. You will have a lot of budget left to fix it up to your liking.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1995-ferrari-f355.618171/

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's the one thanks, it would be what I would want In a 355 especially being a 6 speed and coupe. I check the market from time to time, especially when there doesn't seem to be anywhere productive to put my money, and was surprised to see a 6 speed coupe 355 in the upper 50's even with it needing a service and the mileage. Seems that 355's being sold in the 50's are generally cars with stories.

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, at that price if it checks out with leakdown, the rest can be done quite reasonably making it just an enormous buy. Its a 355 for God's sake. Seems 355 bargains are out there.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It would be really good for a D.I.Y. person. I've been looking around on the web a bit tonight checking prices of cars that sold and looks like prices for the early B cars have come down a little since last I looked. I've seen a couple of other 95 berlinetta's that need majors being sold for low 60's.

14. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    mathewr likes this.
  15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Julia and SoCal1 like this.
  16. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
  17. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    $79K for a converted car?

I don't doubt it's a blast, but $!!,!!!

Yassa and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Apparently they don't like people posting in this section unless they own a 355.

19. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Who is they?

20. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahhhhhh, “they” strike again.

ChipG likes this.
  21. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That car was cheaper awhile back... I think. Was selling in high 50’s, low 60’s and about right being a conversion. Seats add a huge premium though. I would be a buyer conversion or not. BUT, I want another Red car, Ferrari Red for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was referring to this post

23. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
  24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Wow! That's a stretch. Post away.

25. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Clearly I am missing something. What are you guys talking about? Who is them and what does a picture of a door have to do with posting if you don't own a 355. I don't own a 355. So odd.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

carnutdallas likes this.