For Sale - 1979 308 GTS | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1979 308 GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Carl Carlson, Aug 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    BigTex likes this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks, and that's $93K with the later QV style seat trim....

3. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Going through all of this and more right now on a car that only sat for maybe seven years in a dry California garage. It's no joke, the surprises just keep coming...

Perfect 308 QVs with low miles are barely $100k cars at auction, that seems to be the reality right now. Where they'll go in the future is anyone's guess. Will millennials develop an interest?

Anyway, seems like the seller either sold or lost interest -- just realized this is a fairly old thread.

4. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    I found my 85 QV GTSi after a nice exhaustive search in my own back yard in SD (california car).... the refurb on it is an incredible learning opportunity, but did get to drive it for an extended test run weekend and it performed like a champ.... solid, stable and everything it should be.... some minor adjustments and I think daily driver. Finding an awesome mechanic is 90% of the battle.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I didn't, and still don't see that story anywhere in this thread which I why I said I didn't get your great story comment. That was all. Maybe I missed it in another thread or something. I also don't see where this car, in the shape it's in, with the miles it's got, is worth anywhere near what it started out at. Fully restored? Yup! Not in the shape it's in though, it's gonna need a LOT of lovin. Been there done that!

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, maybe I was joshing him a little bit, but yes the difference between 8400 miles and 84000 is considerable.
    I think we ran him off.....

:D :D

Jdubbya likes this.