Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 72 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  2. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
  3. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    This video had graphs up to 2006, going to look for a more up to date video.

one4torque likes this.
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ml- that is old.! It just popped up on my feed today. Would like to see it updated.

5. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
  6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  7. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Quite a steal with this pricing. It's the high miles and silver ext that do it.

I have a serious itch for a 458 coupe. Really bad case of car fever. Damn. But I still love my 6MT modena, don't get me wrong! ;)

vrsurgeon likes this.
  8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yup. High miles, Euro silver/blue is my estimation as well..

9. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    YES! Great news! We can drive our cars without worries about values! :D

Mikael-F360 and vrsurgeon like this.
  10. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  11. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    Nice car, moderate mileage at 22k, maybe 90k all in w fee, great guilt free driver, similar sale for a 12k mike red/tan was 114k, lower mileage premium/condition in effect here, There is a black/ tan coupe offered at 139k w 2k miles on classifieds here, only takes the right buyer, I would guess at a 125-130 sale based on some BAT sales. Looking forward to the warmer weather to to get some stick time in!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  12. osuav8r

osuav8r Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I flew out to Newport Beach to see this car in person. I was ready to put a bid in but right before I was about to, I decided to call Cauley Ferrari about a red 360 they had in stock that seemed like a cleaner example with a recent full major done at the dealer. The auction car had an owner done major around 4 years ago, so in my mind, it needed a major. Clutch wear was around 60% if memory serves so the clutch could need replacing sooner than later. It needed the drivers side fender rolled as it was waffled a bit. Overall nice driver quality paint, but some significant chips. The big issue for me was that the forward part of the convertible top frame that meets the windshield frame cracked in the usual spot. Lambo Newport beach had the elastic straps replaced which was probably the root cause of it cracking. The salesman was trying to tell me it was just plastic and a trim piece or something along those lines, but I knew better. Just doing some back of the envelop math, the auction premium was around $4500, figure $5k for the major service, the top is a wildcard.... maybe 2k if you have a mechanic that s willing to try to weld it, maybe like 10k if you have to replace the frame. I decided if Cauley could hit my number, I would forgo bidding on this car and they did at the very last minute before I had to board my flight home. I flew up today to finalize the deal with them. I would have been happy with this car at the $85k it wound up at, so I think the buyer did okay, but in my mind it had some pressing needs that had the potential to get expensive. I'm not a huge fan of the modular wheels either so I had to factor that in as well.

13. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    Can’t go wrong w seeing it in person, a questionable top could be 5-20k, I saw that Cauley car, what did you get it for 105-110 range? Hope you enjoy every mile in it! Congrats!

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I don't even consider Euro models as an indication of value, I watched too many low mileage examples go for super cheap, even during the "boom". I remember getting physically sick watching a blue spider with 2x,xxx miles go for 65 grand or so in 2017.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  15. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    What is the reason for Euro cars going so much cheaper than USDM cars?

16. JariT

JariT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Switzerland
    Get the 458 and keep the 360. That‘s great combo.

Need4Spd, Graz and Mikael-F360 like this.
  17. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    In short, they can’t be registered in California and a few other states. Kiss of death.

18. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Thanks. I had my eye on a euro car but was unaware this was an issue. It’s also priced at the top of the market. Double whammy.

19. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #1796 mchas, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Thanks for sharing - I was thinking $86k+fees was a killer deal on that car which was perfectly specced for what I would want, but sounds like it needed quite a bit of work. The devil is always in the details and it’s very hard to tell from online photos alone. Congrats on the Cauley car though - post some pictures once you bring it home!

Edit: spoke too soon - you already posted pics!

20. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I know you speak from experience ;) See you in this years events!

21. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yes you can. We've had fchatters register their euro cars in Cali.. it's more challenging to get a BAR sticker and do the paperwork but it absolutely can be done.

22. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A friend of mine just sent me this. I missed it but love the Blue Pozzi color. Someone got a nice car!
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-ferrari-360-modena-13/

I noticed the detail they added for the number of cars imported as being 469. I wasn't aware of the details being decided upon for our gated cars!

..."The car is finished in Blu Pozzi over black leather and is one of 469 US-market coupes powered by a 3.6-liter DOHC V8 paired with a six-speed manual gearbox. Features include 19″ Challenge wheels, a Challenge rear grille, and a Capristo exhaust system."...

I did a fuzzy math drill a few years ago and had determined that there were approximately 779 gated coupes brought to North America over the course of the production run.

Did some new data become available?

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    That, in my humble opinion, is an extremely strong number for the car given it needs a major, has *some* miles, and was bought as the global economy is in the toilet.

Well sold.

ml65, Ira Schwartz and Dewinator like this.