458 - Carbon Fiber Racing Seat Issue | FerrariChat

458 Carbon Fiber Racing Seat Issue

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Beemer, Feb 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The seat back seam split where the side bolster meets the stitching. Had auto upholstery experts look into the problem. Cannot be repaired because the seat back appears to be one assembly because the center of the seat foam is glued to the leather and the carbon fiber seat back. If you could get the carbon fiber seat back off the foam without damaging the seat back, the foam would have to be reshaped before gluing. I contacted Ferrari Customer Service and awaiting a response. Comments/suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    can you post a picture?

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The leather separated from the stitch. Put the orange stick in the separation.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    wow, I'm surprised a good upholstery shop can't repair that, maybe try another shop?

5. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Yea I would think could be repaired? Might not look perfect but with where it's shouldnt be that noticeable? Is car out of warranty?

6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They should be able to do a repair by taking another piece of leather covered in glue and slip it in both sides beind the other two pieces with good over lap then pull both pieces together and let if go off, it will make a new seam in between that if doen right you will not see, or is it not possible to get a new pice slid in both sides?
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    From the photos definitely looks like that will work
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app