04' 360 Spider Racing Harness | FerrariChat

04' 360 Spider Racing Harness

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sparticle, Nov 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    HI does anyone know whether a multi point racing seat harness can be easily fitted to my 360spider? As per 360 Modena or CS. It has racing seats but standard diagonal seat belt. If possible it wuld be good to leave standard fitting's in place.

Regards
    Spart

2. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    I am trying to do the same thing, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the bodywork that covers the bottom of the roll hoops, nor the back panel.

3. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    What seats do you have ? I have the Carbon Fibre racing Seats, getting a bit Pissed off, I don't get to track it if I can't get a racing harness in it !!!

Cheers
    Spart

4. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Spart,

Have you considered taking the car to a racing shop? Usually, those guys know where and how to install harnesses properly. You may have to install an anchored cross-bar to fasten the harnesses to. Or they may be able to find a suitable anchor point behind the seats, or may have to add some reinforcement. The one thing you don't want to do is simply drill a hole through the wall behind the seat and put a bolt in. The wall may not be strong enough to handle the forces involved in a crash and could simply tear out. That would be worse than using the manufacturer installed cross-belts.

There are plenty of speed shops around. I would be surprised if one of them in your area couldn't install them for you.

Steve

5. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    Spart,

Unfortunately I don't have the racing seats, so I have a bit more work than you do to get the car ready.

Steve,

I used a race prep shop for roll bar construction for my Mondial T several years ago. However, I still had to work out the details in advance of how I wanted things positioned and how the fit and finish should work out. I don't need a rollbar this time, but I'm nonetheless rather particular about the design. Once I figure out how to get past the interior trim, I'm very confident that the rest will be fairly straightforward.

Lou

6. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    IF the car does not have factory installed anchor points, and it looks like that is the case then I will not be modifying it in any way. It is only a temporary car anyway until the 430 gets here.

Cheers
    Spart

7. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Has anyone attached the racing harness to the roll bar hoops on a 360/430 spider? Seems like that would be plenty strong.