Front brakepads 512TR Teves/ATE | FerrariChat

Front brakepads 512TR Teves/ATE

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by cosworth350, Feb 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cosworth350

cosworth350 Rookie

Jan 31, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Hi,

i'm looking for some uprated front brake pads with better friction rate for my 512TR with Teves (ATE) calipers, but I cant find anything here in germany/ europe! No Ferodo, Brembo, Cl Brakes... Even standard brake pads are only availible by Ferrari dealers with the number 70000766.
    The rear pads are pretty standard and availible from almost every maufacturer, but the main manufacturers listed the rear pads also on the front which is not right as you know. Do I make something wrong? :confused:

I also contacted ATE but they said that the brakepads from ATE are discontinued. So who makes the Ferrari original pads? What brake pads did you have on your 512TR/M with Teves calipers? Is there anything availible from manufacturers in the US maybe?

Also I wanted to know if the caliper is used on other cars exept Ferraris, but no answer till now. Does anybody know that?

Thank you!!!

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    but when you use pads with better friction rate you need to replace the rotors earlier

you may go to a parts store in your town with an example. tell them it is an own production car and you don´t know what pads comes in. normaly they wiöö have a list with examples. but don´t ask someone young there. they don´t know anything and without VIN they are not able to find anything. we have sunk deep and much knowledge is forgotten and it will not get better

when you not can find make a drawing with the measurements and sent to me by PM. I have at home such a list. but just now in thailand and will be back in mai

those calipers may be also on BMW and DB ( mercedes ). but also from porsche some pads are matching with ferrari cars.

3. cosworth350

cosworth350 Rookie

Jan 31, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Thanks for your help, @turbo-joe

Right, but you shouldn't drive too heavy racing pads of course, because the metal content is too high and they "eat" the brake discs. Also they are not good at low temps.
    I have been using Ferodo 2500DS on road car for years . The pads last a very long time and the disks have hardly any wear. Also they are very good at high and low temps and make no noises.

And now, I found them!!! Yes, you are right! They are used on various DB cars in the 70s till 90s like the 190E 2,5 16V Evo II for example. No one at ATE could help me anymore, and also I work in a garage in cologne were we have three part stores that supply us, but it was not possible to find a match... that is really poor.

For all others, the part numbers from Ferodo for example are:
    FCP646 at the front
    FCP451 at the rear

The 512TR is not even mentioned in the description of the pads. So it is impossible to find it nowadays without the measurements!

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    since all numbers are only listed in the sh.t computers nobody knows much anymore :( :( :(
    you contacted ATE directly? if so then it was monday morning or friday shortly before the weekend and nobody wanted to work. you called them or sent mail?

good that you found some from ferodo. you found it via the 190E 2,5 16 V evo? but how about the friction?

5. cosworth350

cosworth350 Rookie

Jan 31, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Yes. I wrote with ATE directly, but I also think they dont care about my questions. This informations are on real paper, I think. So searching is real work without sitting in a heated office...

Yes. Then I found a picture of a original Ferrari set of pagids. They matched with the Mercedes ones and voilà! :rolleyes:

turbo-joe likes this.
  6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Great info on the pads. Im still looking for new front disks! Does any on know of a source?

7. cosworth350

cosworth350 Rookie

Jan 31, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Yes I know. It is a little italian company who makes mostly racing discs on order. The discs are then composite ones with a colored aluminium bell (color can be selected) and they are very long lasting and you can brake them as hot as you want without any damage on the discs, because they are heat treated (more in the link below). I use them on the street and also in racing. For the most cars they are very high priced compared to the normal ones, but in this case they are 439 € + Vat each. So i think its around 600 $ inkluding vat and shipping, if it is possible, which is a way cheaper than the Ferrari ones and they are a lot better I think!
    In germany I buy the discs by an importer for racing parts called "Sandtler". They sell them as a house brand, but I know the company behind. They are very italian, so the homepage is on italian language only and they only ship in italy, if the information on the page is correct. I will contact sandtler if they can deliver them worldwide
    I also ask if they get the discs and if so if they would send them worldwide. Because they are currently not listed on the homepage of sandtler, which means nothing as i know now... :rolleyes:

Here are some infos.
    https://www.centertecnofreno.it/index.cfm?fuseaction=skdProdotto&IDPMM=3277&IDProdotto=422

https://www.sandtler24.de/bremsscheiben-typ-rs-a

VColin and EZORED like this.
  8. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Great info, Thanks!!

9. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Try porterfield brakes in the USA, I’ve been using their R4S compound on Dinos and very happy with them.
    I have a set of std pads on my 512TR but plan to go with R4S next time I replace them.
    The teves pads are listed in their catalog but I’d check with them first to clarify.
    I’ve had issues in the past where I was sent brembo pads by mistake....
    If you go this route, let us know how it went.

10. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Custom made aluminum hats could possibly work with Willwood rotors.