2020 Barcelona Testng: Feb. 19th - 21st & Feb. 26th - 28th | Page 13 | FerrariChat

2020 Barcelona Testng: Feb. 19th - 21st & Feb. 26th - 28th

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My predictions are we'll hear until at least September ''the season is not over, we are fully focused on the 2020 car and we will only start work on the 2021 car by normal schedule''...

Looks like he gets a hurty neck talking to Massa even:eek:

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Nope:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/27/ferarri-technical-director-james-allison-leaves-team

"However, Allison, who split from Ferrari on Wednesday, is unlikely to commit to a hectic schedule of global travel. Even before the death of his wife, Rebecca, through bacterial meningitis after the Australian Grand Prix in March, Allison had altered his role as the technical director at Ferrari to spend more time with his family; it is now thought he wants to be in Britain as much as possible so he can be close to his children."

He bailed. Then went to Merc.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Really becoming more circus like by the day

DGPF likes this.
  4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    i refuse to believe that they failed this badly. last years car looks quicker. it doesnt make any sense.

DGPF and Nortonious like this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep, then you look at the team mechanics looking like a bunch of overweight bearded club bouncers lining up in front of the car...its a joke isn't it?

Take a peek in the Merc garage as a contrast.

DGPF and william like this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    binotto needs to go. He’s already stated that the car is slow. Stupid concept that’s going nowhere.

DGPF likes this.
  7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    another year of Merc domination incoming. ruining the sport honestly. yeah yeah they have done an incredible job but Hamilton has driven cars so much better than anything MSC or Vettel drove when their teams were dominating. Check the stats its not close.

8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

That is the real question this season - how long to care about this car vs 2021.

DGPF likes this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Stats say Bottas's Mercedes was beat by Ferrari twice in the last 3 years, Redbull beat him often last year

DGPF and tifosi12 like this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ferrari has not gone to extremes yet - https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/51562639
    Dan Knutson
    F1 journalist in Barcelona

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has acknowledged the Scuderia is trailing Red Bull and Mercedes but also says the Ferrari SF1000 is still being sorted out.

“It's difficult to say because we're not looking at performance yet - we've not optimised the car, that will be clearer next week,” he said when asked if Ferrari is where he expected it to be.

The new Ferrari was designed with greater flexibility in the setup than last year’s SF90 and Binotto revealed the team had not tried extreme setups on the car or optimising the car in various conditions and setups.

"It's about being ready to have a good picture of the car and understand what's going wrong, if anything, and addressing it,” he said. “I don’t think it's been an issue through the first days, it's a matter of knowing and understanding the new car and the new package.”

jcurry likes this.
  11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Good chance DAS will get banned after the first bumping of wheels causes a steering failure. I can’t see how the system, which apparently uses added linkages, ie weak points, can be anything like as robust as a standard steering rack... We will know when the first Merc takes a wheel bash from another car in a race. Sadly that might be a forlorn hope as the Merc seems miles faster than anything else so far...

12. EmreT

EmreT Karting

Oct 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Emre
    It's gonna be a one ugly season...

DGPF likes this.
  13. EmreT

EmreT Karting

Oct 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Emre
    I mean does SF need to look this bad to learn how the car behaves?

DGPF likes this.
  14. EmreT

EmreT Karting

Oct 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Emre
    Sorry for the successive posts but if you brag about being the pioneer, the alpha or the omega of F1, you just don't act this way. See how Mercedes is running the business right now. BTW, if tests would not have been broadcast live, none of us would have heard about that benz invention. See how they stay hungry despite all the domination...

15. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    This could go down as Ferrari's greatest sand bagging effort ever!

Remember when they introduced the 2003GA? They simply unveiled the 2002 car with 2003 decals. The press went nuts saying they were resting on last years success and that chaos had resumed. When they showed up for the first race with a completely different car, one that went on to be the most successful F1 car (at the time), everyone's jaw dropped.

After dominating the 2019 winter testing championship, they are probably opting for the more low key 2003 playbook...

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    everything

17. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Tell us how you really feel
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Except reliability is crap as well so far it's had a problem every day that has stopped mileage accumulation

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Re Ferrari - I thought they were using very low power settings? That would explain much of the time delta. I’m not writing ferrari off yet. The cars true potential will be shown on Test 2, although I realise I may be giving the bunch of clowns running the team more credit than they are due...

Whats already clear is that Merc engineers and aero departments have totally out performed the scuderia... again.

20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    How on earth do you build a car and then say that you don't understand it? I realize they don't have the open free testing that they did in the past, but they do have an amazing amount of data going back years and years. And they have many different ways they can test mechanical parts. NASA landed on the moon with the computer power of a mid-seventies Ford. Mercedes didn't just "show up" with DAS and then hope it worked. Ferrari is timid and lazy. The gentleman who mentioned the differences between the Ferrari and Mercedes pits was absolutely right. I'll be watching F1, not to see Ferrari, but because I love racing. And I am curious to see how Ocon does against DR, and what will Red Bull bring to the table, and to see if Haas flips or flops, and to see if McLaren builds on last year, etc., etc., etc. I won't waste my time watching free practice, I can get all that info during qualifying and the pre race shows.

DGPF, senyah, william and 1 other person like this.
  21. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Ferrari have hamstringed themselves since the Todt/Brawn years by going back to the 80s 'Italian only' dogma. They will continue to suck until they figure out they simply cannot do business that way. It's like watching the Yankees, for the most part, only recruit in the NYC area.

In the meantime, thankfully there's a lot of other interesting movements on the field which will keep my attention.

22. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    New year, same peanut gallery, lol

DGPF likes this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Give Ferrari time, this is what testing is for. They know how to build a fast car, they had the fastest car 2017&18. I feel we will see serious pace when they are ready. Again, this is testing.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    After years opf watching Ferraro do very well in winter testing and all the experts claimimg they have thy fastest car, it's refreshing to hear quite the oposite :) This being said, i hope they don't suck as much as they look..and if indeed they don't come up with something better next week, and still they win in Australia then hat's of to Binotto, he pulled a Toto!! (thing is, Merc never sucked this much in winter!)
    ps: at least, if what we are watching is the reality, Ferrari can start right awy working for 2021 :)

stavura and subirg like this.
  25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #325 TifosiUSA, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Bottas lol

LH has driven utterly dominant cars since 2014 and has only had 3 years where his car wasn't a championship contender in his entire career. in fact, his cars have been so good that there has only been 1 year where his team mate and #2 driver didn't win a race (Kovalainen 2009). yes, im counting 2018 Russia as a win for Bottas since they "Valterri, this is James'd" that one away from him

simple fact is Lewis Hamilton has driven better cars over the course of his career than anyone in the history of F1 and its not. even. close. im sorry if this rustles your jimmies but it's true.

kinda surprising that it's taken him so long to eclipse MSC's win tally to be honest.

Ferraripilot likes this.