458 - 458 Seats question / Looking for one | FerrariChat

458 458 Seats question / Looking for one

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by THE VATICANTS, Feb 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Hi guys
    I’m new here. Looking for a 458 in red with around 10k miles on it in Los Angeles if anyone has one. But my question is I’ve never owned the thin racing seats in any of my previous Ferraris. There’s a real nice red spider I found but it has those thin racing seats and while I am in good shape I am one of those guys that actually likes to drive his cars and I will put 7 to 10,000 miles a year on it. If I go out on a Sunday and put 200 miles on it will I need to see my chiropractor the next day? Will my wife hate it? Or is it really not that bad? Would greatly appreciate some real world feedback from owners of such seats. Really appreciate your guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

2. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I have sporadic back issues, and with the cf seats, Novitec suspension, 20/21 setup....it’s doable for 100+ miles but I’d prefer something more comfortable.
    Now, stock suspension, stock wheels, I bet it’s great. The seats themselves are super comfortable, and while I’d love if they were electric and had more lumbar support...that ain’t the point :) I would only buy a 458 with CF seats, personally, I think you’ll be fine unless you’re extra sensitive/have legit back issues.

daflk and THE VATICANTS like this.
  3. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    The darth vader looking racing seats are the most comfortable seats.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    If one is a healthy individual, with no history of back trouble, sports seats hug you in such a way that they’re by far the most comfortable. The difference to comfort seats in hard, fast cornering is night and day.

Usually, elderly gentlemen prefer the comfort seats because they have more “foam” and electric adjustment, which make them easier to operate.

On a personal note, I love my race seats in the 458 and they’re a piece of optional equipment I could not live without. Being harder, thinner and carbon fiber, they make you feel more in tune with the car. But you do get more road feedback on your back for sure. Which is fine I guess: the 458 is a sportscar, not a gran turismo.

Even in my daily drivers: I’ve had BMWs with and without sports seats: normal seats had more foam and were softer, but were by far the worst, because I was being thrown around in corners and that irritated me quite a lot.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

5. THE VATICANTS

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Thnx Nuno appreciate the insight. question: Nuno as in Bettencourt? We’ve jammed at Lucky Strike. I’m the guitar player of THE VATICANTS. If this is you I think you live within a mile of my house in studio city :) and if so I would love to come check out your car if you ever have a spare minute and you’d like to share the love of conversation about these beautiful pieces of art. I’m heavily looking for one as we speak so all the help is appreciated :)

6. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Haha, you must be joking man! This is same than asking some Bill in this forum; "As in Gates? If so, I have some feedback about Windows 8!"

:D

7. THE VATICANTS

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Haha not necessarily. Nuno is a very rare name. There are a billion “Bills”. And Nunos in Los Angeles there’s maybe a dozen. So I respectfully completely disagree with you.

8. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    As it turns out, you’re both absolutely right!

In Portuguese speaking countries, namely Portugal and Brazil, Nuno isn’t an uncommon name at all. Although it is a latin name, it’s fairly uncommon in other countries with latin roots. If I were based in LA or in the US, I bet there would be so few Nunos that THE VATICAN’s chances of being spot on, would increase dramatically!

That being said, I’m sorry I’m not based in the US, or I’d be more than happy to meet and be of service in any way I could. Nevertheless, even from a distance, please let me know if I can help in any way.

Hope you find a 458 that suits you very soon. I guarantee you’ll be instantly addicted!

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  9. THE VATICANTS

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Thank you, Nuno!! Even though you’re the wrong Nuno haha if you’re ever in LA hit me up for a drink!! And thank you for the great advice. I will be looking at a 458 with CF seats today ;)

10. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    You’re very kind, will do! Good luck with your search! If you have any more questions regarding the 458, please feel free to ask, that’s what we’re here for!

This community helped me more than I can express each time I bought a Ferrari, so it’s nice to have the opportunity to give back.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

11. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Forgot to mention that with carbon fiber seats, it’s really important to try them out before pulling the trigger, once they come in different sizes.

For instance, mine are Medium and I find them a perfect fit for a guy my size (6 feet, 177 pounds). A couple of years ago I was weighing nearly 215 and they were still comfortable on the limit.

The seats should hug and support you, without pressing or squeezing your back. Leather on those thin carbon seats can also wear considerably, namely on the driver’s side (left side due to ingress and egress). Not difficult or costly to repair, but still it’s better to be on the lookout and pick a nice car in the first place.

Kind regards,

Nuno.