Steering Wheel Adjuster and Homelink on 812 SF with Race Seats | FerrariChat

Steering Wheel Adjuster and Homelink on 812 SF with Race Seats

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jeffreestylz, Feb 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeffreestylz

Jeffreestylz Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hey all! I just picked up an 812 Superfast last night at Ferrari San Diego (Grigio Scuro, 390 miles on the Odo but never been titled) with Daytona carbon fiber race seats and have been loving it so far. There are a few questions I had that I wanted to confirm are normal:

1. Without the electric seat option, is it standard to have the manual steering wheel adjuster and the three Homelink buttons on the rearview mirror?

2. The option list and placard do not show the Hifi Premium Sound upgrade, but my doors have the JBL Professional emblem on them. How would I go about confirming the car has the premium sound option or not?

Thanks in advance!

2. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Homelink is standard on the 812. Not sure about the steering wheel adjuster. I would think if its manual its at least standard by default.

Sometimes options are grouped under "other options" on the window sticker. Are you saying in the back trunk there is no Hifi noted in the option placard? If it says JBL Professional then it has the upgraded sound system. The base system has no label.

3. Jeffreestylz

Jeffreestylz Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Strange, my 812 (MY 2019) does not have Homelink at all. I spoke to the dealer and they said the option was not selected.

Correct, the placard, the window sticker, nor the option list in the dealer computer show the Hifi option was selected. Maybe it's a mistake from the factory. I wonder if that will affect anything in terms of value down the road.

4. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Thats weird. I was told it was standard when I was ordering my 812 but maybe Im wrong. Who knows with Ferrari. I know of someone who was told homelink was standard on their Lusso but it came without it.

Dont worry about the JBL not being on option list affecting value. Its not like its on the list and you dont have it. There are lots of similar stories with Ferrari. Attention to detail is apparently not no 1 on priority list. At least the engine and the drivers assistance measures are there for sure. The 812 is an awesome machine. Ferrari knows how to make front engine v12s so enjoy.

Jeffreestylz likes this.