F355 Market | Page 143 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I know of 3 B's that have reportedly sold recently. One asking $59,900, one asking $69,900 and one asking $79,900. Asks reflected condition. I know the $69,900 ask definitely sold. The other two? I have no idea what they actually got for the cars.

2. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would think at these prices, a Fiorano edition would be over $200k

3. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have a theory that all of the cars at Marshall Goldman are marked-up/overpriced to bypass tire-kickers. $186k for that 355 GTS is a bit on the ludicrous side...

mathewr, thorn and blkdiablo33 like this.
  4. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    A bit? They started out selling it at a much lower price. Like around a hundred thousand if I remember correctly. I personally would never buy from a seller that does this.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i think its a misprint on dealer side lol

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    They've been that way for as long as I started shopping for a Ferrari. Price your cars so stupidly, and even serious buyers will pass by with barely a glance; I bought one from someone else.

blkdiablo33 and tatry68 like this.
  8. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Seems like a good deal, but Service Records on the CarFax being only 2 is a worry...
    It says Major just completed, but not showing any Majors on the CarFax, so are the Valve Guides addressed?
    Other worries would be is there Dash Shrinkage or Sticky interior parts? Maybe that's reflected in the price which is quite fair if the Major is done.
    If I hadn't bought mine last year, I'd probably be considering this one as well.

9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I couldn't care less what "services" the carfax reports, thats really not what its for.
    Look for a car with a binder full of records and receipts.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

100% when carfax says "serviced" that in no way means "serviced" as we tend to think of around here: engine out belts etc. Serviced to carfax could simply be an oil change or a headlight bulb. I spent a lot of effort trying to connect with a ferrari dealer on a car I bought that was "serviced" at their location many years ago. When I finally got my answers it turned out to be a $200.00 clutch adjustment.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed - binder of receipts is the way to go...and even that service from a reputable place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    CarFax means nothing, agreed.

As for a stack of records, as they say in the financial world, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Buckets and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've been tracking it for about a year.

14. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Documented mileage is meaningful...anything short of that your PPI would need to validate

15. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

CarFax or Auto Check will usually do that. That the one thing they tend to get right.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The miles are reported are from dmv registration etc, no one checks the odometer it is just word of mouth. When I registered my car I could have told them anything, in fact I guessed, and sometimes the agent types 1 too many zeros. Auto check and others will report odometer discrepancy based on several factors so typos are not a huge deal, you can see 1000, 10000, 500, 12000 for example, look for the flag of odometer discrepancy not the miles per say. Even if the miles look correct the services can detect an odometer discrepancy from other things besides dmv records.

I'd be more worried about years with no mileage, big gaps. I have seen cars go for a decade then all of a sudden its recorded and its the same as it was 10 years ago. Really? That's when I suspect it was driven with dealer plates so no registration needed with the spedo disconnected.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I don't know about NJ but in CT when you register a car from out of state you have to have a vin check at which time they do check the mileage, and also it is checked at every emission test. It's recorded at the time of the test, not word of mouth. But, there are dishonest people and honest people out there. Not much you can do. If a dealer want to drive around for 10 years with the spedo disconnected he can fake record too. Do the due diligence. That's all you do. I know of a car that went form pristine to average in 3000 miles. I had a deposit on it back in 2012 but stepped back due to the PPI. The car had sat for 6 years and needed a lot of service. The car has been for sale again for a year and I can not believe the current condition. Hell, it still has the same tires on it and they were dry rotted back in 2012.

19. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Interesting yes here in NJ they just asked the mileage, there is no inspection for pre OBD cars no one ever looked at anything. Did nto even ask for bill of sale just how much I bought it for.

20. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Interesting. I had to go back and not only had to have a bill of sale (they had a beef with the way it was written/signed etc so we had to redo it), but picture of the VIN etc.
    Every NJ DMV is vastly different....

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Just for the heck of it, here is what I mean about that car.
    I have to rescind my comment re the VIN check in CT; no mileage recorded . But mileage is recorded during emissions test. But, no inspection for cars 25 yrs old or older. Heck, you don't even need a tittle if it's 20 or more years old.

22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Seems like been some nice cars coming up recently, wish I had room for a 355 too, I mean what is sexier? What?

23. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Two 355 ... ;)

sandersja likes this.