Does the Reverse "R" Button Get Sticky? | FerrariChat

Does the Reverse "R" Button Get Sticky?

Discussion in '360/430' started by jra85, Feb 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I will be getting sticky CS parts refinished soon, and in taking stock of what needs to be refinished I noticed that the reverse "R" button has no stickiness to it while all other parts and buttons that are typically expected to get sticky are. The surface of the button also feels different from the others. For those who have had sticky 360 parts, was your "R" button also sticky or become sticky at some later point?

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    yours sounds like it is a plastic button maybe it has been replaced. the original R button will get stick and eventually cave in and you can replace it with plastic that does not cave in

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes, it will get sticky

4. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    My CS (I am the original owner) was always the hard plastic. The 599 I had came with the soft sticky type button that some owners have cave in.

5. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Did the other buttons in the CS become sticky but the reverse button remain fine? It's difficult to tell what the material is; it feels like thin plastic, though I'm getting conflicting answers on the actual material. There's no evidence of cave in. I'll probably get it refinished to be safe, but wanted to hear other owner experiences to assess whether it's truly necessary.

6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Others became sticky and were definitely hard plastic. The R button may be a different material and not hard plastic as I had initially thought. Sorry for my error.