AMG GT Black Series , a new “ collector car “ ? | FerrariChat

AMG GT Black Series , a new “ collector car “ ?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by leopoldo, Feb 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Hi guys anyone think that the new gt Amg black series will be a collector car ? Seems that it will be built only in 300 units... any more info ? Thanks...

2. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    This is the latest I suppose. These guys are pretty well connected. Start watching at 16:20 for Black Series news.

leopoldo likes this.
  3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Most likely, if only for how limited and special it will be.
    Less then half of MB dealers in US will get one car only (possibly only 150 units here).
    Moers already is on record saying it will be the most radical and special Black Series ever.

leopoldo likes this.
  4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Personally, I think there's a difference between limited edition production car and collector level. AMG's are not good enough for collector status. They depreciate to zero on a linear line. There is no bottom. If you want one, enjoy it through the warranty period and get rid of it.

5. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003

SLS Black Series is the only exception of them all. That car is now 6 years old and typically is traded to this day $100k-$150k over it's original sticker price. So the theory since this is its direct replacement, that it too will be worth money down the road.

6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    The SLS was a special, one of a kind car. The GT, regardless of the wrappings, is a plain jane production car. Sure, I may be wrong but since there are so many examples of the model, it's probably just going to depreciate to zero like all its brethren.

Oh, if you're an average sized American, you're not going to fit into the GT. It's very tight in the cockpit. Too small for me.

7. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I think that if they will build only 300 units ( numbered ) and if it will be so revolutionary ( as they are saying ) it will be something very exclusive . Today Mercedes Amg is not as it was 10 years ago , they have much more knowledge in performances race car and F1 to be “ someone to look very seriously at “ .