Here's how the Kline Innovation exhaust sounds | FerrariChat

Here's how the Kline Innovation exhaust sounds

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Agostinho, Nov 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    Here's video of my 458 Italia with Kline Innovation exhaust. I have the stainless steel, Valvetronic system with decat/test pipes, and headers. This is video with the valves open.

Minte, tickerhound, SVR and 4 others like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Fantastic. Would have loved to hear the downshifts.

Agostinho likes this.
  3. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I'll make some more videos with downshifts, and with the valves open & closed. I plan on attaching a GoPro on one of the rear diffusers to capture some audio at the exhaust. We'll see how that sounds.

I couldn't be happier with the Kline exhaust. The low RPM growl is good, and the high RPM F1 pitch above about 5,000 RPMs is amazing. No drone sound inside the car. No decat gas smell. It's everything I wanted. Here's some photos of the exhaust.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    ORGASMIC !!!

Agostinho likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx, I don’t need valves closed. Just open with a pull to redline, and then a few downshifts. Very much appreciated!

Agostinho likes this.
  6. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    sound is amazing, thanks for posting!

Agostinho likes this.
  7. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

It's really changed the experience of driving the 458. I don't listen to music the way I used to and instead listen to the exhaust.

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Sounds fantastic!

Agostinho likes this.
  9. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Thanks. I did a lot of research. My priority was improving exhaust sound as much as possible, and I especially want the F1 sound at higher RPMs. I also wanted a Valvetronic system so I could control exhaust sound volume levels when I wanted to. It's everything I wanted and a good value compared to other comparable exhaust systems. I've heard the IPE and it sounds very similar to IPE, but a much better deal.

10. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Thanks, I agree!

Performance improvements were secondary, since I've always been happy with the performance of the 458, so adding headers was something that I was hesitant in doing because headers are expensive, but I didn't want to wonder what performance or sound improvements I'd be missing without them, and since I didn't want to have any regrets, I decided to go with headers too.

11. squires

squires Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Did you get the wireless button as well?

12. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I already had the Capristo Exhaust Remote Kit to control the valves on my stock exhaust and it's compatible with the Kline exhaust, so I just kept it.

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Congratulations, Agostinho! Wonderful sound. Music to my ears!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Agostinho likes this.
  14. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Thank you. I plan on posting more video soon.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  15. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    awesome! any issues with CEL?

Agostinho likes this.
  16. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I added the Capristo OBD Wizard, so no CEL :)

17. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    Agostinho - you mentioned that you have not encountered the typical cat bypass smell? Can you confirm that is STILL the case? I love the straight pipe sound but damn that smell gets old AND gives me headaches after long drives.

18. turbokraft

turbokraft Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Johnathan David Adams
    Can anyone with the Kline system (setup like the above) compare the valve closed to stock? Is it much louder closed than a stock 458? I love the sound in the video but also drive in areas where excessive noise could be a problem (HOA). Also, that level of sound can be very tiring on long drives at steady/low throttle. thank you in advance.

19. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I still don't smell any cat bypass smell. The real test is my wife who complains about the smell of anything she doesn't like, and she's never even mentioned smelling anything. If she doesn't smell it, it doesn't exist.

20. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    Again, I have the Kline stainless steel, Valvetronic system with decat/test pipes, and headers. With the valves closed with the Kline system, it's still a little louder than stock with the valves open, but not I wouldn't say by much in decibels if driven normally, it's just a different sound (low growl). Even with the Kline system's valves open, I can drive around with a passenger as I normally would and have a conversation without it being annoying. The car does get loud when driven hard at higher RPMs with the valves open, and it gets loud with the F1 high pitch sound from about 5000-9000 RPMs....loud in a very, very good way. I couldn't be any happier.

21. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing this. Will order the exhaust ASAP!! Glad to know the capristo controller is compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Agostinho likes this.
  22. turbokraft

turbokraft Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Johnathan David Adams
    Of all the video clips that I have heard this one is the most satisfying, given the price and vendor support for the forum it seems to be the go to exhaust.

Agostinho likes this.
  23. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

Felix Codreanu - [email protected] - Is great to work with. Tell him you saw my video :)

24. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    The product quality is excellant, the sound is incredible, and the I couldn't find a better value. Felix Codreanu is a great person to work with, and you can email him with questions at [email protected]