360 - Center Vent Removal? | FerrariChat

360 Center Vent Removal?

Discussion in '360/430' started by No-Subt2, Feb 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    How can the center round vent be removed with the least amount of work?

Today, I tried to put one of those smartphone vent holders on the center vent, unfortunately, when I tried to push the smartphone holder one of the vent slats, the part of the vent that moves the airflow up or down detached. So the top and down horizontal slats (not the center slat) do not move when the center directional slat is move up or down. Is this easily repaired, once the whole vent is removed? I hope that it is just pressed back into a slot.

Below is picture of the center round vent. One can see that the two horizontal slats are not in its proper place as compared to the two rounds vents on either side.

Thanks for your assistance.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Is been a while since I had mine out, but I'm pretty sure they just pry out with a plastic pry tool

3. rudkinjc

rudkinjc Rookie

Apr 27, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin II
    This is a good video that shows you how. You can skip to about 10:50 to see him remove the vent.

4. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Like JJSAUSTIN said, plastic pry tool. Pick them up at almost any autoparts store...or Amazon if you can wait

If you absolutely can't find the tools or refuse to wait (like me), put some blue painters tape down and use the largest FLAT blade screwdriver you can get to fit the tip under the edge and pry very carefully and slowly.

5. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Using the above video as a guide, I used a wire coat hanger. Remove the cardboard, bend the wire tips to mimic the ends like in the video. Insert both hooks until they latch on to the end of the cylinder and pull. They vent pops right out. Real easy to do.

SoftwareDrone and rudkinjc like this.