Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by FFantastic, Feb 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I can’t see electric being so prestigious or high margin, just doesn’t seem aspirational to me. More functional.

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I saw this last night. Interesting!

Caeruleus11 and Borrow’d Mine like this.
  3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    As EV's/batteries evolve, EV's being sold today will become obsolete and be "T Rex" sooner than will ICE.

Caeruleus11, stavura, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The guy hits all the relevant points.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Has fuel cellbtech even been taken into consideration? We're focusing so much on battery power as it is now. But I think it is important to remember that an ev car will probably be quite different in 15 years compared to now. Will they actually bd able to get their ban if the car that replaces ICE is not a li-ion style car, but rather a fuel cell car that can be fuelled as easily as our current ICE cars? We're debating this from a standpoint of what tech is here now, but we should be debating it based on future tech.
    This has me worried, because that open up unknowns we can't foresee.
    I somehow still think it another political pipedream, but it's stll scary to think about. But alas, here in the EU we might have the GPF, but no plans on banning sales on ICE cars. Good luck getting Germany, France and Italy on board for that one lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just like every iPhone I’ve ever owned. Obsolete almost from the moment you buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and Eilig like this.
  7. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    You sir make a lot of sense. The hypocrisy of the greenies knows no bounds.
    The thing you can be sure of is the government will f*** it up along the way with myopic, political thinking.

8. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    One minor thing, and this might upset a few: Smoking alone is actually much worse than all petrol/diesel cars + all flights around the globe in polluting the air. Never mind that we due to smoking also might have a bit more cancer, and all that comes with that. So, from a bang-for-the-buck and bang-for-the-co2 point of view, let's start with eliminating all smoking. Now that would actually make a difference. However I do not see that happening at all....

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Interesting... Can you provide a citation or link? I would love to learn more on the subject.

10. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    it will be the same everywhere; the only issue for a location will be when?

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Absolutely!

And erm...try disposing of an EV cleanly. LOL.

The war against the motorist by the fearmongers is on. For the past 60 years people have been making up utter drivel. End game? To tax the air. Every badshit insane claim they come up with doesn't come true.

Borrow’d Mine and Bundy like this.
  12. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
  13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Maybe we should all take queue from that long suffering prehistoric squirrel of the ICE Age movies and squirrel away as many nuts (in this case Ferrari’s) as possible before it’s too late!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

KarlA69 likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    There are only so many doomsday alarmists one can listen to in his lifetime before rolling eyes and shrugging shoulders....

Borrow’d Mine likes this.
  15. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
  16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Domestic appliances mate...

stavura likes this.
  17. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just for clarity, what you are actually referring to is CO2 emissions created by tobacco MANUFACTURING, not the act of tobacco smoking itself.

On that basis, no doubt you could mount an equally valid (invalid?) case for eliminating the production of many other widely used agricultural products.

18. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    #68 Bamsefar, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Correct, however we all need to understand that the production is one very big part when it comes to smoking.

When we talk about smok itself it is more about CO than co2, and cancer, with transport to from hospital, secondary smoking, and so on. I have not seen such a report yet, however there seem to be a nu ber of 5700 Who directly dies of smoking in Swden. And in The same time someone has figured out that 1000 dies in Sweden from polution in the air from cars. So indirekt we could say that smoking kills close to 6 Times as many.... Never mind all around everything....

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    How do you calculate actual deaths in Sweden directly from car pollution? I would think it takes quite an exotic explanation. Maybe compare results to death from actual car accidents which can be directly measured and more substantial to the population.

20. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Someone did calculate.

That said, this report says about 3000 and not 1000 - so it differs depending on different ways to present information I guess.

It's a bit like saying that smoking kills 12000 direct and indirect - it is true from a statistical point of view, since that is real numbers, however some of the people that smoked could have got cancer anyway and on we go so to speak. The report above just makes a bunch of assumptions, and well as it was said in one movie "Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups".

One thing that kind of interests me, and we are way of topic by now, is how the report above (and others like that) can separate the smoking gases from all other air pollution? There simply is no way of doing that with a scientific approach as far as I know (you can only prove the existence of something?).

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    From the article: "US EPA (2016) has revised their conclusion on NO2 long-term exposure and total mortality from “inadequate to infer the presence or absence of a causal relationship”(2008) into “suggestive of, but not sufficient to infer a causal relationship” (2016), arguing that “potential confounding by PM2.5 and traffic-related co-pollutants remains largely unresolved”.

Bottom line is the largest environmental agency in the US bound to find risk and regulate behavior is unable to find a causal relationship. Paper says most of Sweden is far below air pollution limits and no area exceeds it. Nothing to see here.

22. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Don’t tell Greta.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Greta is concerned about the CO2 we produce that wafts over pure clean Scandinavia but less so about the energy intensive carbon fiber and aluminum produced for her transatlantic sail boat. Wood boats anyone? And while we are at it a wood Tesla roadster utilizing solar power with an open floor so she can use her feet a la The Flinstones as backup when its 6 months of darkness up there.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Guantanamera and Bundy like this.
  24. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Spent a bit of time in Sweden recently and noticed;
    An awful lot of people smoke,
    A lot of beer and Vodka is consumed
    A lot of Meat Balls and Boiled sausages consumed
    A lot of German cars
    Not a lot of Joy in the air
    Hardly any electric car charging points that I could see.

Must be dreadful thinking that one day you will probably die of Boredom

25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My understanding of fuel cells is most use hydrogen and at least the last time I checked, it took more than one unit of energy to make 1 unit of useable hydrogen. Thus, it is a losing game.

As I understand it, petroleum is one of the most energy dense things we have. But ICE are not super efficient at converting that energy into motion, thus we get a lot of heat. Whereas batteries (currently!) are not energy dense at all, but e-motors are very efficient at converting the energy into motion.

Prediction: when 2032 arrives, ICE will still be in production and fairly widely used.

Il Co-Pilota and Bundy like this.