Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is the V12 the T Rex Given 2032 the UK Extinction date

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by FFantastic, Feb 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The term that best describes this UK 2035 nonsense: "Political appeasement."

In matters such as SCIENCE, far better to listen to SCIENTISTS than to pie-in-the-sky politicians performing to the whimsy of brain-dead voting public. Here's everything you need to know:

https://media4.manhattan-institute.org/sites/default/files/R-0319-MM.pdf

ICE will be around as long as we are alive.

2. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    oh no, you mean AOC might be wrong?!

Thanks for that article. Heart warming to an ICE lover.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    More perspective:

"Sending an email, Using search engines, storing data pollute: the web generates today 2% of the CO2 emissions of the planet (830 million tons of CO2 annually). And this is just the beginning of this new form of pollution. Indeed, within four years, digital pollution will represent 3 to 4% of carbon dioxide emissions"

https://www.custommade.com/blog/carbon-footprint-of-internet/

Put the gadgets down - save the planet!

Bundy likes this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    If you want to talk about really wasting energy, how about mining for bitcions.

5. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    We have to start educating our young so they fight this and don’t turn into angry Gretas who are the army of climatologists- automatons- who never give up, never compromise, never forgive, never discuss- they attack any and all who are not like them.
    Gosh, I think I was just describing the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Terminator

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

red passion and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #31 Eilig, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, red passion, Bas and 3 others like this.
  7. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This has quickly become my favorite thread on the entire forum. I rather enjoy the camaraderie of uniting to bash the climate change warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    #35 [gTr], Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Another reason why I think this is just a lot of hot wind, the job destruction that will happen in the UK because of the switch to electric cars. Electric cars have substantially lower number of parts. I don't see that going down very well in the UK or Germany. This is going to be a long transition that cannot be forced on people by coming up with arbitrary deadlines. Couple this with globalisation, which was sold as the best thing since sliced bread and whose repercussion we are fully seeing only now (rise in populism globally coupled with decline of democracy), and you have an even more unhappy blue collar population in Europe.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry when I thought about buying my first Ferrari and communicated that intention to my wife and son they replied in one single voice “how dare you?”. However, I was already prepared for their less friendly reaction and then I was like a frustrated angry child and accused them - “how dare you steal my dream”. Today we see these same words “How dare you ? …..you have stolen my dreams…”. written by millions of youths all over the world while paraphrasing Greta. When I was their age the climate change was something un-know because seasons always started and ended more or less on the dates they should. Now happens the opposite, sometimes we have no winter and autumn and other times the so much desired dry summer weather doesn’t happen in August during the holidays giving place to rainy and cloudy days. Climate change is a fact and also is the relationship that today's youngsters have with cars and that is changing completely the paradigm of the ICE.

How can anyone blame me and others like me for having had and continuo having that dream? No one can because we are from a generation that was brought up learning to identify sports cars and classifying them by their ICE sound. I still remember very well when I listened for the first time to the sound of the F-1 Ferrari 643. It happened at the Estoril circuit during the 1991 F-1 grand-prix practice day. I was at the pit without the ear plugs, standing next to Alain Prost who was inside his Ferrari. The sound tone of the 037 V12 3.5 liter engine is by far the best I’ve heard in my entire life. Aphrodisiac and sublime are the only words that I can find to describe that sound specially when the car was passing by at high speed on the long straight and shifting before the first curve. Almost 30 years later I’ve had the opportunity of being in that same pit with my F12 and made the same straight with the accelerator down. In that occasion there were dozens of Ferraris going around this circuit but the sound of the V12’s was perfectly audible and identifiable in the middle of all the rest. The NA V12 symbolizes Ferrari and I think your guess is right when you say that the current V12 engine is almost at the end of its life. The smaller V12 you are imagining as the future substitute of the present ones is it a kind of reincarnation of the memorable 3,5 liter 037 V12 I listen to in 1991 ?

italiafan likes this.
  12. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Climate change has been a fact long before Homo sapiens roamed the earth and will continue long after we are gone. Mother Earth simply sees us another parasite on its surface that will come and go. To think we humans can change the earth’s pulse is selfish at best and arrogant at worst. We may be able to accelerate or decelerate the changes by a few decades but the earth’s cycle has a long game we can’t match. Poor Greta and her minions are expending much of their young lives expecting the end is imminent and therefore have no joy in the life they live.
    Too bad for them.
    Drive for the end is near!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bundy, Eilig and Dubaicity like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This is the thing. I look at the young generation spouting off about how we all need to be green, and watching how they do various happenings on city squares and what not. That' cool, I'm all for voicing your opinion on a social and environmental matter you deem important. What then puzzles me is their attitude towards their cell phones, their clothes, their ways of living and eating etc. You hit the nail on the head with that one. Want to go green and tell the rest of us how terrible we are? Stop buying **** you don't need and stop stuffing your face with crap from Burger King.

Ferrari is a very green company compared to many others. Look at the longevity of their products. Since Tesla started, more Tesla cars have been built and crushed than Ferraris. Over 90% of all Ferraris ever made, are still on the road in some way. If that's not fully utilizing the resources I don't know what is. I would not be surprised if it turned out that more Teslas are decommissioned every year by now, compared to how many Ferraris of the DCT era has been decommissioned. Most of our Calis, Portos, XX8 series, FF, Lusso, F12 and 812 cars will more than likely still be in existence years from now.

Yes, Nissan, Toyota, Tesla and all the rest of them talk a good game of eco awareness and so forth, but it's never brought up how many of their cars have to be recycled within a decade - and how much of the cars cannot in fact be recycled.

At the end of the day, we have a ton of environmentalists who completely fail to look inward.

Want to go green? Buy a 330GTC and let's get some modern Gen IV nuclear power up and running:)

day355 and FFantastic like this.
  14. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    The world was supposed to end around the millennium when the planets aligned then the Mayans hyroglifics were translated forecasting the end of the world to be 2012. As a child I remember daft old bats waving placards stating the end is nigh.
    Now I have a 16 year old telling me I should be ashamed of my behaviour, my lifestyle and my ignorance.

The young, the I’ll informed, the paranoid and the incredibly woke luvvies of the silver screen don’t accept the other side of the coin being that forced change will seriously hurt personal and community wealth creating hardship beyond belief to those least able to afford it. Revolution will follow with anarchy becoming the norm.
    China is opening a new coal fired power station every six weeks, the Bopal region in India has a hydrogen chloride plant releasing more pollution in a day than the UK does in a year. The burning of the rain forest in the Amazon for Palm Oil plantations releases more carbon than all the cars in the US.
    Instead of attacking us that do care and try to look to a better cleaner future with genuine commitment I would suggest the serial tree huggers, greenies, extinction rebellion fruitcakes and ill informed kids with obsessed parents turn their anger and vitriol towards the less easy targets as in above. ........Or are they too frightened of the reaction?

But..........if the end is nigh then no point keeping the mileage low to preserve the value of our doomed treasures........drive the nuts off them towards that final sunset and enjoy.

Bundy, Roland1688 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Regarding Greta: when she sailed to USA, five crew members had to fly to USA to sail that boat home. When she then needed to sail back to europe, well then one very experienced sailor had to fly to USA to join the team for the sail back to europe. So Greta did not fly, but six other persons had to fly instead. Not sure how environmental friendly that trip was after all...

Its all good that one like to demand that someone else fixes the problem, but....

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hold on, so we should do Ferrarichat by telegram?:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Reminds me of the time I saw Al Gore arrive via motorcade at Nashville Airport, via 6 (six) full-size Chevy Suburbans, then board private jet with engines already running. (hypocrites never seem to lead by example)

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's amazing how many celebs want everyone to to be ultra green while they leave a massive carbon footprint. Leo diCaprio is another fraud.

19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    China and India massively pro electric and anti pollution with huge import taxes for gas guzzlers

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Butts should have sold Meridien around 2014 and I told them then as well.....

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    They will roll out distance based charging based on GPS that will also prevent speeding, heaven for centralisers and Nanny State

22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I am surprised the climate change folks don’t change their narrative - if they just changed the narrative to sustainable clean energy, moving away from carbon sources, recycling, eradicating pollutants and keeping our beautiful earth in good shape it’s inarguable. Frankly we are a revolting, selfish and pretty stupid species. One day someone or something will look back and say how can organisms who were so clever have been so collectively dumb.

23. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Agreed. Spend time in the African Bush and observe wild animal behavior. You see quite quickly who are the "advanced" ones on this planet. (it ain't the humans)

24. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Ironic that to sail to America on a Carbon Fibre boat is carbon free.

25. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Maybe their emphasis will move back to Maserati once the all electric Alfieri and Granturismo are launched later this year or early next.