Maybe I've been cheated with my ferrari 360 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Maybe I've been cheated with my ferrari 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Philip Jensen, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I know what I’d be saying..... in a very loud voice in the face of the dealer that sold the car ‘give me my ****ing money back now’

AshAP likes this.
  2. Ajax de 1e

Ajax de 1e Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2014
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Steef
    Too little information about this car Philip.....are you living in Denmark? Original colour blue??? Has it had any history in Italy or GB by chance? PPI?
    If dealer (Ferrari-dealer?) says 'model 2005', your question or thought must be 'what year was it built!'....and always try to find reviews of any company.

paulchua likes this.
  3. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    Did the OP ever state that this was bought at a franchised Ferrari dealer? I sure hope for his sake he did...

4. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    Maybe this was a blue 360 with a salvage title... and they for some reason had a clean title and VIN plate for another car.

I don't think a Ferrari dealer would do this, but they should know better when selling a car. So I doubt he bought it at the F dealer.

5. REXK

REXK Rookie

May 25, 2009
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    REX KILNER
    Have another look at that photo. There is no buttresses behind the driver and passenger, a black surround on the headlights. Maybe when the dealer says it may be a clone that’s exactly what he means.

Igor Ound likes this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #56 Igor Ound, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    After being registered for 11 years best first post EVA! :D

7. Stevecarguy

Stevecarguy Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Illinois
    In the U.S. there is a web site called CarFax that will give you ownership and service history based on VIN number. I ran your number and it came back invalid which most likely means they can only look up U.S. registered vehicles.

If your car turns out to be pre 2005 the, mileage per year could be one thing in your favor as there will always be buyers looking for low mileage cars.

If the car has been repainted, either the previous owner wanted a red one, or damage that required a repaint and red was the preferred color. This I would find out.

I have a 2000 Modena and asked for previous ownership and service history as part of my decision making. I love the car, Argento Nurburgring and gated 6 speed. Had seven thousand miles when I purchased and have put on another 7,000 in the last 10 years. Was able to speak with the previous owner who turns out to have traded it for a 430 and regretted not keeping the 360.

Hope everything turns out in your favor and as long as it runs and looks good, just enjoy!!!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 and 308 milano like this.
  8. stephaan

stephaan Rookie

Aug 24, 2010
    Belgium & Malaysia
    Hello ,

FYI my Modena is a Rand first registred in U.K. on 26 -04- 2002 and VIN is ZFFYT53C000127903
    What reallyhelpfull that from 2002 onwards the Modena has the covers installed in the rooftop assembly undertray to get acces to the fuel pumps, in case you need to renew them,

9. stephaan

stephaan Rookie

Aug 24, 2010
    Belgium & Malaysia
    sorry typing error , should be "FYI my Modena is a RHD car first registred....

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    The pic you are looking at was a joke dude.The OP hasn't provided any pictures, or any real info besides the VIN as of yet. I get the feeling someone just isn't happy with their purchase and looking for the dealer to take the fall after a change of heart. Smells funnier and funnier with every post.

Caeruleus11 and paulchua like this.
  11. stephaan

stephaan Rookie

Aug 24, 2010
    Belgium & Malaysia
    I just ran my VIN number on the vindecoderz website & it says my 2002 Modena is a 2005 model !?!?
    all my orginal documents say 2002 , so you cannot thrust that website...

12. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    How about some pictures???

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sounds like the OP was probably right that he was 'cheated' by the seller (intentionally or not.)
    1) inconsistent VIN with respray sounds very fishy. Probably a gray market car, or heaven forbid he was fooled by the a 'kit' car.

best bet is to get your money back from the seller. I mean if somebody sells me a car with a incorrect VIN, that's a show stopper right there.

Ajax de 1e likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    im not entirely convinced this isn’t someone having one big laugh seeing how long we can all stay interested in a thread that is really just a big game. No photos, no locations, no dealer details so far.... on the face of it originally, sounded like a slightly implausible problem to have, now I think someone has been spending too long without human company, found a website with some vocal and largely friendly characters, and wants to feel included..... I’m afraid I have to call BS at this point unless more meat is added to the bone

fullspeed and EastMemphis like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Totally agree, it's very odd for sure. If it is false, at least we did our good deed and interacted with a human being in desperate need of interaction.

16. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Create an account and enter details of your car on myferrari. When registration is complete It will fill in all the details. Model year, color, options etc.

paulchua, daytona355 and MalcQV like this.
  17. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Good idea. However I'm still intrigued what Ferrari Denmark say.

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    that’s an excellent idea, why didn’t I think of that! Doh

paulchua likes this.
  19. PrecisionMike

PrecisionMike Rookie

Jan 21, 2016
    Northern Hemisphere
    Hi. To be really sure locate the Vin that is stamped into the chassis avoiding the possibility that some toe rag has replaced the labels or stickers. The hand book will tell of its location. I think its hidden under the relay access covers behind the seats, readily accessible with the seats fully forward. If you provide the VIN and Engine number read physically off the engine and chassis any main Ferrari dealer will run a check on their computer.

20. Ajax de 1e

Ajax de 1e Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2014
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Steef
    Any news Philip?

paulchua likes this.
  21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hope OP did not take the car to Ferrari. I would try to get the money back from the dealer first and look for another car. Send a letter from a lawyer if necessary.

But taking the car to Ferrari might mean they will involve the police and your car could end up being seized for god knows how long while you are out of the money. Then at best, the car is returned after months of neglect.

paulchua likes this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahaha, something tells me the original seller is nowhere to be found and Ferrari said 'salvage car.'
    Or heaven forbid 'nice kit car, very convincing!'

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I hope whatever the outcome is the OP is not out of pocket. As for him not showing pictures I think it was better until (and if) it is resolved that he did not post any.

Ajax de 1e likes this.
  24. Philip Jensen

Philip Jensen Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Philip Jensen
    Hello everyone - Update is that the car is from May 2002 and sold from a Company called Denzel in germany, ferrari has verified that, and the car has been checked om Formula Denmark , and Yesterday they told me that gearbox and Engine are from 2 cars . So now they want me to Come for another check , Ferrari Will pay .But i Will Update soon again

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

that's a euro spec car. and it is NOT manufactured in 2005. It is somewhere around 2002, even 2001. WHen you say 2005, you probably mean registration date ?